Torville & Dean 25th

I've always thought they were the best in the world, and still think that after 25 yrs. Nobody has come close to their routines, done with such perfection. They made Nottingham proud.

• Like 1

It was a great programme ,as you say, showing Nott'm in a positive light for a change.

Great ambasadors for their sport and the city. (I had a lump in my throat at the end of the routine , just wish the producers hadn't decided to have people prattling on during the actual dance!!!!)

I have the same Video Charlie and yes I concur they were brilliant.

Pity the council didn’t celebrate the fact on the actual anniversary, and I still think there ought to be a bronze edifice of them outside of the new arena as a pose to that useless piece of crap there is now…..

Bip.

The thing is Bip, these ministers and what have you talk about supporting sport and sponsoring sport, but they never seem to cotton on as to what could really make a difference - like putting up a statue, or a plaque or whatever that honours the people that we all think are brill. I suspect there's a diversity quota at work somewhere.

I've seen some ice skating live and it is gob-smackingly thrilling. I never saw T&D but even on the vidie you can see that they are the Astaire and Rogers of their age - I doubt they'll ever be bettered!

Thanks for the pic, Bip, now I know what you're talking about and it looks like a waste of time. Not much of anything. What's it supposed to be, or represent?

Christopher Dean I do believe, lives in Colorado Springs with his American wife and family.

Well, at least one member knew it was me driving the front car in the motorcade!

We started for outside Jane's folks newspaper shop on Valley road ( or was it actually Scotland road?) and drove into town to the Market Square.

Looking back, the Radio Trent news car, which was a Bedford whatever, wasnt exactly of a Lincoln or Cadillac quality to lead a motorcade!

Ive since seen and spoken to Jane during my work at the NIC, shes a nice person!

• 5 years later...
  • 6 years later...