There used to be a large longhaired guy who's job was to collect glasses in the salutation I believe.... he was definately ga ga..... some say too many drugs!!! Is this chap still floating around? He was also a regular at rock city in late 80's..

My only hope now is he's not a member on this forum!!!

ps. The term 'axe man' was my friends and I!!!!

There was a biker who lived up Balloon Wood flats called the 'Axe Man'....Huge guy....always wandering around looking fer his brain cell.

Perhaps thats him .... would be well in his 40s I would imagine.....sometimes he would come into the tap and tumbler before rock city and we girls would leg it cos he really stunk!

Perhaps thats him .... would be well in his 40s I would imagine.....sometimes he would come into the tap and tumbler before rock city and we girls would leg it cos he really stunk!

Also the balloon woods was knocked down years ago.... is he living in the woods?

I saw the poor bu99er set on by about a dozen 'Mods' outside the Wimpey near the Odeon, he did no more than to drag himself back to his feet , they legged it ' and in his anger he crashed both his fists against the window of said Wimpey . God did it rattle , I thought the whole building was going to come down !!

• 5 years later...

Robbie asked, on 08 Jan 2015 - 3:47 PM, said:

Does anybody remember the big guy who was a bit unsteady on his pins that just wondered around the city? I think it would have been in the 80/90's.
He wore denims, his jacket had Hells Angels on the back. He had long unkempt hair and l think he wore a sweat band across on his head. I never saw him in any pubs just walking often muttering to himself.
I have no particular reason for asking but he was a regular in the city and I have not spotted him for years.

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1074&page=20#entry318907