Is it a crime to take pictures?

I thought I'd borrow the BBC headline.

In these days of ever increasing state control and reducing civil liberties did you know that, from today, it is illegal to take a picture of a policeman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7888301.stm

Of course, its all in the name of our security.

In the States it is illegal to take the picture of any Federal Officer!

Found that out last summer when my friend and I were taking the ferry over to Canada with our cars (MGBGT and Cobra Daytona Coupe) - we got the camera out as we were waiting for the ferry - but the Immigration chap got very nervous. He was pretty decent about it, just asked that we waited until he could get out of the way.

Funny thing was, on the way back, the Canadians couldn't care less!

I read about this - It's true, from today it's illegal to take pictures of the police as a 'preparatory' act for terrorism, but as we all know 'terrorism' laws have been used to spy on people who have dogs out for a walk! So, my guess is anyone, anywhere with a camera is in deep doo dah!

NO Kissing in Cheshire Now either.

Lovers parting at a Cheshire rail station may find themselves caught in a dangerous liaison - especially if they share a kiss under the 'No Kissing' sign.

Far from killing the mood, authorities argue the aim is to stop commuters missing their taxis.

Officials at Warrington Bank Quay Station agreed to a romance-free zone, which was suggested by the local chamber of commerce.

"They may seem frivolous, but there is a serious message underneath. They certainly make our station unique," Colin Daniels, chief executive of Warrington Chamber of Commerce said.

If lovers want to smooch, they have to do so in the designated kissing area situated nearby.

The directive has got tongues wagging at the station - but of course, only in the permissible way.

Ruth Hardman and her partner Alan Dawson were heading home to the Lake District.

"I was gob-smacked when I saw them. They should spend the money on something more worthwhile," Ms Hardman said.

Amy Swain who was travelling to Lancaster with her boyfriend Malcolm Kenny said she did not see the point in the no kissing sign: "I don't think it'll stop people."

Others however could see the funny side.

Warrington Bank Quay is about 10 mins up the line from here . It's claim to fame is that is where Paul Simon wrote "Homeward Bound"

Or is that Runcorn ?? (local Joke sorry)

Well, the story of the "No Kissing" signs has made it across the pond! Heard it on the radio this morning - however, the complete story is that they don't want people stopping in a "no Stopping" zone, dropping off hubby/wife/chikky poo, etc. and having a quick grope while blocking traffic - they do have a designated drop-off area and are trying to restrict the amourous behaviour to that area - makes sense to me!

At the Metro stations in the DC area the parking lots have a "kiss and run" lane!

I was listening to Tom Jones on the BBC the other day, he says that Elvis was made an FBI agent to allow him to carry a gun anywhere in the USA. - True/false?

There are pictures of him shaking someones hand whilst handing him a badge,,,,,, which was supposed to be an FBI one.

I've seen interviewees swearing that it's true,,,,, and others swearing that it wasn't.

I had also heard that he wrote to them offering his services, but after a good laugh, they turned him down.

ya pays ya money,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now others want it the other way.

A sign informing rail passengers kissing is welcome has been put up at a train station days after a ban was imposed at another stop.

The notice placed at the entrance to High Wycombe station in Buckinghamshire shows a cartoon couple in a pink heart sharing an embrace and tells customers: "Kissing is welcome here!"

It was put up after revelations earlier this week that petting had been outlawed at a passenger drop-off point at Warrington Bank Quay Station in Cheshire because it holds up commuters.

No-kissing signs appeared in the taxi rank forcing couples to use "designated areas" only.

But in High Wycombe, passion is being encouraged by train operator Chiltern Railways which stated on the poster: "Unlike other train companies, we would never dream of banning kissing at our stations."

The operator, which serves the station, is even now running a competition to find their most romantic passengers.

Kirsteen Robertson, of Chiltern Railways, said: "Railway stations are romantic places. They are where fond farewells and emotional reunions take place, where relationships start with a glance and even, in the case of our Marylebone station last November, where one passenger will propose to another over the public address system.

"So our passengers are more than welcome to share a kiss in our stations."

Chiltern Railways, which runs services between Birmingham Moor Street and London Marylebone, is now encouraging passengers to send in pictures of them kissing at one of their stations.

The couple in the winning photograph will win free travel to and from London and a romantic champagne afternoon tea at London's Landmark Hotel