Nottingham Playhouse

As there seems to be lots of nostalgia about the Nottingham Playhouse,thought you would /might be interested in this old recording.It will provide hours of happy guessing to remember where it all was.

Produced by Telestream Flip Technology

Hope you enjoy this trip dowm Memory Lane when the old Playhouse closed and John Neville became director of the new (1963). Some great scenes of 'old' Nottm.

If the link does not work ,please send ideas on how to do same.

Put your subject on screen Stan...then go up to the 'address' line an inch down from top of screen...left click on it and it turns blue...now right click and a box appears...click on copy.

Come back on here to message board...now right click...in the box click on 'paste'...link appears.

Click on 'Preview' if you want to test it.

Better still, when posting a message hit the rte-switch-editor.png button top right of the message box.

When you see a double border to the box, you can post any links directly.

Like this...

Nottstalgia Nottingham Forums navsep.gifNOTTSTALGIA General Chat navsep.gifNottstalgia Trivia? navsep.gifNottingham Playhouse

• 2 weeks later...

I have just paused on 3 min 20 secs and we are in the old Playhouse, I ran the pub in this location circa 1996. When you went upstairs to the function room , you could still see the fittings where the seats were, sloping down to the auditorium.

18.45........under the council house ???

19 40........up on the Castle

No idea who the "Lovie" is who's the main interveiwie

• 9 years later...

Money was tight in the 60`s, (come to think it was up until the 90`s) but Mrs C and I managed to see 2 productions at The Playhouse, Love and a Bottle, a restoration comedy by George Farquhar with Barry Rutter, and Sean O`Casey`s The Silver Tassie, can't remember who was in that. Both productions immensely enjoyable and more so as it took all of our meagre resources to go, but the fact that I still recall them quite vividly must show what the experience meant to us.