• 1 year later...

Craig, I know this is two years later, but I've only just found this site.

Me and Wayne Kerry used to knock about together in '65-'66 time. We used to go to the Excel bowling alley on Barker Gate every Saturday and Sunday and hang around in there all day...

Dearie me, that did ring a bell with me!!!

I used to hang around, and work p/t in the clubhouse at the bowling alley. Was there 65-68 ish, worked behind the bar. Went to all the dances, fancy dress balls etc there, it was quite a social place. Met my hubby there, he bowled as a team.

I used to hang around, and work p/t in the clubhouse at the bowling alley. Was there 65-68 ish, worked behind the bar. Went to all the dances, fancy dress balls etc there, it was quite a social place. Met my hubby there, he bowled as a team.

In that case, Katy, you must remember Edna (Mrs) Fox that worked in the snack bar, big Fred the bouncer, old Bill Pegg, Lindsay Turpin and Ron Garton, the chief mechanic. Was John Kelly the manager at that time?

Boy, this is really digging up memories!!!! I'm actually surprised that this old fart can remember the names!!!