colwick Park, is that the "estate" near The Starting Gate Pub? I once went to a house there to replace a hot water cylinder, I used to take old ones out, take to a firm who an made identical one and refit 2 days later, inbetween visits the husband there murdered his wife! coppers everywhere and they wouldn't let me fit cylinder! never did, nor get paid.

• 1 month later...
Just been scanning evening post on line and one man found in trent and the other in colwick park - scary!

What's this about Colwick Park? I live there and have heard nowt...but then I was always the unobservant one!

I read it online as not in nottingham...... it was in the nottm evening post on the date that I quoted.....incidentially did you know '19,haveloch street in st anns,? If so whereabouts was it? My grandmother lived there some time in late 30s early 40s.

Mariag,

There's Havelock Gardens just off St Anns Well Road, !englandflag! Type in to Google maps for sattelite view.......

Thanks paulus, yes, I would imagine that Havelock street would've been near, but sadly no longer exists.... not to criticise St Anns too badly but surely the housing that was pulled down was better than most of what is up now.... I have a real loathing for pebble dashing/rendering on houses - praps due to living in scotland where there is a lot (drab and dreary).