I can't find the link to it but I am in touch with a 'Make St Georges day special' Web site (I'll post the address when I find it!)

Whats all the fuss about I've been drinking Guinness for the last 6 months and i haven't turned green yet or do I speak with and Irish acscent...

Bip.

• 6 years later...

Gardening today, Radford Red- a few " pepped up coffee's as one does!! I'm the only Nottm man here in Tipp. Bacon and Cabbage for tea,then a blast of Richards "blank Generation" top st. paddys day!!

I totally agree Micheal it is disgraceful how England today "fails to do it's duty in that dept... So many people find our flag offensive-but don't have a problem drawing Britains dole. Last year i was home and going for a few in the Tally Ho, i said to a bloke on the Dale standing at the bus with me "that the council were early with the xmas lights" he replied " thats for another festivity"Nuff said.

A few years ago I was stupid enough to try to drive through Dublin on St. Patrick's Day. And we call the Irish daft.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...

Well I've driven halfway around the Hants/Dorset borders today, and not seen ANYONE dressed like a leprechaun.

Absolutely fantastic. englandflag

• Upvote 1

I tend to agree with your sentiments FLY.  What’s the big deal with St Patrick’s Day.  We don’t celebrate St David’s Day, St Andrew’s Day and more importantly St George’s Day.   

It's just a feeble excuse for the gullible, the deluded and the easily led, to get plastered.

I bet they don't celebrate in Warrington or other places scarred by the IRA's activities.

• Upvote 1

Well, I donned my Guinness tie for the usual Sunday afternoon meeting at the pub. Didn't see any Irish people there but quite a bit of inebriation :rolleyes:. I've spent a lot of time in Ireland. Lovely country. Lovely people. Back there in May.

I'd love an Irish Terrier. Bil has one named Keegan - a right character.

Massive turn out good to see the city centre pubs packed & taking a few bob out for a change on a Sunday afternoon, queuing outside all the Market Square pubs, plenty of Guinness flowing, bumped into loads I'd not seen for years. Good day had by all. 

D13ranSXQAIm0I0.jpg

D13OUGLWsAIBsNo.jpg   

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...

Did you know that 17 March is also Saint Gertrude of Nivelles Day?  She is the Patron Saint of cats and all people who love them