It's looking very exciting up there tonight.

The shuttle passes over first, here at 18:54 and 20:29, the ISS passes 1 minute later in each case, then the toolbag 9 minutes later, then 12 minutes after that, Soyuz passes over, having launched yesterday, it is due to dock with the ISS later, three manned objects in the sky at once within half an hour of each other on the same track must be a bit of an event.

Have you managed to pick anything up on the video. I've been lucky enough to see the Northern Lights twice down here, on the second occasion it was so bright and colourful that I video'd it, the result, absolutely nothing, a few vague colours and that was that.

Have you noticed too, how some people refuse to believe that you can actually see anything in the sky at night. My missus' boss is one of these, she was looking forward to telling him today that she saw all that activity last night, but he steadfastly refuses to accept that you can actually see satelites or meteorites, he reckons it's all in the mind. I once had a neighbour who was the manager of Braintree Nationwide Building Society,( says it all ), he scoffed at the idea that you could actually see anything until I took him outside one night and showed him not only satellites but a meteor shower as well. He was quite stunned, he couldn't get over it, it would be interesting to know how many people feel the same way.

Hee Hee....if its all in the mind....how come you can know what time to look ???.....Is it some MASS hynosis thing then.....Be clever if it was......dont think we're that 'big brotherish' yet. ( give it time tho eh ? )

Don't forget that there's quite a movement who think that the moon landings were actually staged in a film studio in Area 51 just to fullfill Kennedy's ambitions, watching 'Apollo 13' makes you wonder sometimes.

During the early 70's one of my pals was doing a post grad research course at London Uni and was analysing the content of moon rocks from the Apollo missions. She found traces of human DNA or 'Blood Compliment' as it was known then, on one of the untouched, sealed moon samples taken straight off the surface, and on reporting it, was sworn to secrecy and taken off the case.

It's one of those things you read about in the newspapers or learn of through hearsay, but I can assure you, I remember her reaction at finding this, 'My God, we've been to the Moon before, I have proof'. Perhaps we have, Jules Vernes or Wells's novels may not have been fiction after all, perhaps there is a Union Jack or Tricolour stuck out in a corner of the Sea of Tranquility.

Am I joking, hmmmm.

For all you non astronomical types wanting to see the spacecraft pass by, look to the west at the times given and look out for a big 'H' shaped constellation known as Orion, its low down compared to the horizon, but you can't miss it, it's very obvious, the rest will happen as you watch that part of the sky, good luck.

Not seen the toolbag yet , (Hopefully when in Cornwall in a few weeks time !!) it's just not dark enough here. I am scanning and rescanning the film and trying to clean it up photoshop wise but no luck yet. I have just given up on the film (2 split second glances that's it. I shall try tonight using a tripod!!)

God, we've been to the Moon before, I have proof'. Perhaps we have, Jules Vernes or Wells's novels may not have been fiction after all, perhaps there is a Union Jack or Tricolour stuck out in a corner of the Sea of Tranquility.

Am I joking, hmmmm.

I saw it in the film ' the first men IN the moon'......we invented 'Cavourite'

I saw it in the film ' the first men IN the moon'......we invented 'Cavourite'

Do they sell it in B&Q, I have to go up there in a minute, I fancy painting me bike with it and doing an ET, I'll look out for Lionel Jeffries.

I didn't see anything last night, the clouds kept appearing at the wrong moment, I think that the neighbours across the road are getting worried as to why I've been hanging out of the front bedroom window for the last couple of nights.

The Shuttle is supposed to land at Cape Canaveral at 17:39 our time this evening, no doubt there won't be any TV coverage, but the NASA site will show it live, if you look on there it is currently showing live inormation from Mission Control. Meanwhile they are promising clear skies tonight for the ISS/Soyuz pass which should be at around 19:15, it could still be fairly light though then so Beefsteak might have something to focus on.

Same here last night .

As I said I gave up on the first film .2 very quick flashes thats all, but you should here me shouting to SWMBO when I notice two of them,!!!

2 passes tonight , one at about 20 past 7 and another quick one at 20.56!!

I shall definitely look out for the early fly by but the later one I will be in the club by then.

Pity I have to go out to enjoy myself I would have loved to have stayed in to watch the second fly by especially if I had to hang out me bungalow window freezing me tabs off..lol

Bip.

First landing of shuttle aborted due to crosswinds, second attempt at 19:15 our time, coinciding with the passing of the ISS.

NASA TV just shown crew of Soyuz that have entered ISS after docking.

NASA currently have a chase plane over Florida checking on the weather conditions.

Good live pictures on here, it reminds me of the old days when the media used to care about spaceflight.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that you'll find, that according to Einstein and his 'relatively' untested theories, if you travel faster than the speed of light, you pass through objects rather than collide with them. As my knowledge of all this extends not much further than knowing that E=MC2, whatever that means to us mere mortals, I can't comment other than the fact that I'm sure that Einstein and Stephen Hawkin were and are, probably aliens themselves sent to confuse us all, and that they've succeeded.

Nah, Einsteins theories are exceedingly well tested in experiments using particle accelerators and they say by GPS

satellites. Einsteins theory of special relativity puts an upper limit on speed for anything which has mass. As velocity approaches light speed then the relativistic mass (and this is reflected in the momentum) increases and increases

until it becomes infinite and theoretically an infinite anount of energy bwould be required to reach light speed. Thus according to Einstein you cant send any space craft or projectile at light speed (or even close to it unless it is very

light like an electron or proton). The only things known to travel faster than light are some things known as cherenkov

radiation. Not much is known about the how or why but they say that for these particles time travel backwards.

Of course not everyone subscribes to Einsteins theory of special relativity or even his general theory. There are several other competeing theories on the fringes of physics which mathematically as near as dammit reduce to

values predicted by Einsteins theory but which are radically different reality based such as the Lorentz aether theory

and variants on that for example.