Greene King strike again!

I came back from a 4 day trip to the city of my birth late last night, which mainly involved sorting out my mothers house, but thats another story.

Late on monday night we were driving back from my brothers house and happened to drive past the now boarded up White Cow in Ilkeston. I was amazed to see that all the multi coloured 'fairy lights' and spotlights were still blazing away around the building, good one, our eco friendly brewers Greene King's contribution to Global Warming, well they managed to manipulate and bully Bury St Edmunds District Council into approving an unnecesary access into their bottling plant through a rare wetland habitat of amphibians and snakes, so what the heck, who cares about the environment, wer'e Greene King, we can do owt.

My son lives opposite the White Hart at Lenton, formally a Hardy Hansons pub, now obviously owned by our great benevolent leaders in the brewing industry, GK.

Rule number one, despite having an agreement with Hardy Hansons whereby as a local resident you can park your car in our empty car park at night, GK rule that you must now f### off, or else.

Rule number two, you are not allowed to drink your pint slowly in a GK pub, my sons medical student mates were having a pint between lectures at lunchtime and were accused of drinking it too slowly, when they said they were about to go to lectures and couldn't have more than a pint, they were told to get out the pub immediately as they were'nt drinking enough in the near empty pub, nice one, I know these people, they are really nice kids, result, no student will ever set foot in the White Hart again, good business practice on behalf of GK, if it brings down their empire though, I'm all for it.

Couldn't really care less about all this ale business...more than a couple makes me throw up anyway...But Ooooohhh! I do wish some pillock would tell me to leave because I wasn't drinking enough...I would love that...Boy would they learn some new words.

Going back to what Firbeck said i think its an absoloute discrace what Greene king do.

They fool people into drinking their muck!!!

There's a guy at my local pub that wont touch greene king with a barge pole after what they did to the great Hardys and Hansons, but what he doesn't know is the stuff that he thinks is from another brewery isn't!!! its greene king too!!!!

Also i think their work ethics are wrong too, again at my local the landlady who is in a tenanted house has put on a beer festival twice a year and is a well run and well attended festival.

Greene king have now said that if she what to do anymore she will sort the beers out and they will take the profits!! :angry: their just a bunch of jokers that must be raking it in from all angles looing at their share prices!!!

Greene King only allow beer festivals on their premises that sell their own 'REAL ALES'.

Morelands Tangle Foot, don't be fooled, it's artificially made in Bury St Edmunds.

Ruddles, a brewery destroyed in Oakham by them and turned into a housing estate at great profit to themselves while the employees were chucked out on the dole. Don't buy it.

Ridleys, Old Bob, made in Bury St Edmunds, our local brewery shut down and now up for housing development, don't buy it.

No doubt some manipulated form of Kimberley Classic will appear on the Tesco shelves, don't buy it.

Small pebbles create big waves, if you refuse to buy their money making filth, sold at the expense of profit making local breweries and their employees, it would hurt the scumbags, patronise them and their empire will continue to expand, lets stop it now before all you can ever buy in your local pub is their insipid, chemically manipulated cr@p.

I'm sure you think I'm a nutter about all this, but I haven't forgotten the years when we were persuaded that Watneys Red Barrell was the business, followed by the watered down p@ss that Whitbread used to produce, support our local breweries, otherwise you won't be able to go to the Bluebell and buy a pint of Dambuster, it will be another product of the Bury St Edmunds vats and just taste like everything else.

Remember Boddingtons, what a lovely pint that was until Whitbread got their hands on it. We had several years of over promotion of their naff, re-engineered product, where is it now, consigned to history, what a surprise.