Broad Marsh Centre 1979

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They’ve reopened the walk way through Broad Marsh.   Welcome to Nottingham      

From the Lister Gate side, walk forward with what was Boots and the large open area on the right (now closed), down the corridor and out onto Collin Street behind the Bus stops. It wasn't a tunne

Posted Images

Where is this tunnel? Can only assume at best..this a direct right out of the bus station, left and a right into centre..don't recall any fire door's..up from the first left people busked mid eighties..

There was also a small newsagent/kiosk.

Reading the thread, Definitely venue 53, regarding theme pub's, on Frair Lane, walkabout? Remember a band doing a cover of Bohemian Raposidy..

large premises and seemed to appear 'overnight', what was there previously?

5 hours ago, HSR said:

Where is this tunnel?

From the Lister Gate side, walk forward with what was Boots and the large open area on the right (now closed), down the corridor and out onto Collin Street behind the Bus stops.

It wasn't a tunnel but has now been covered over due to insecure structures and missing roof above.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.94962,-1.1487565,3a,75y,44.46h,91.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXfaQc89Mi6PIlkLLxapASw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Like 1
7 hours ago, HSR said:

Reading the thread, Definitely venue 53, regarding theme pub's, on Frair Lane, walkabout? Remember a band doing a cover of Bohemian Raposidy..

large premises and seemed to appear 'overnight', what was there previously?

Many years ago, when I was a schoolgirl, Dixon & Parker School Outfitters were there on Friar Lane, no doubt other businesses have been in the premises meantime.  

6 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

It wasn't a tunnel but has now been covered over due to insecure structures and missing roof above.

Going back further, it's the line of what used to be Carrington Street, a major road into the city from the south - the continuation of Arkwright Street.

So what I assume is a new feature, fall outside the shopping centre itself? Do recall a small cut through between Boot's & HMV..

I was thinking wrongly, that it maybe the underpass  between the station and the shopping centre..