Beefsteak

Possible Dungeon Reunion

There are various Soul/Motown functions on over the coming months , and it has been suggested that there be some sort of a reunion during this period. It could be before a gig after a gig or even during a gig ,or one of the exhibitions, I'll let you decide , any one interested please post your names below and then Hippo Girl will be in touch!!!!!!

Hiya Hippogirl,

What a great idea!!!

Someone has to let the following people know......Gabby, Sedgewick, al the Reynolds bros, Mondo, Paddy welch, George Wynne, Mick Archer, Dusty French, Pete Blood, Manfred, Kenny Astle (& the other mini boys), the list is endless!!!!!!!

My problem is I live 240 miles south of Notts, but would make the effort for a good turnout, although the Mohair suits won't fit anymore....& there needs to be space to park the zimmers!! !clapping! !clapping! !clapping!

don't imagine it would be possible to get the best act ever to play there to the reunion? Jimi Hendrix

The last time I was on Hollywood Boulevard there was a black guy playing the guitar, who did very well in sound and looks.

I will look out for him next time I go down there

Hendrix wasn't mod so wouldn't have been suitable for a Dungeon reunion anyway...Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band get my vote.

pete c....still riding a vespa

Brilliant idea, in fact, in November at The Westgate Suites in Long Eaton, Im actually doing a "Dungeon Night" alongside Rob Smith, this is on the Saturday gig, and we will be playing all the old Dungeon faves like Inez and Charlie, Jimmy Cliff, Geno Washington, obviously all the Motown and Atlantic stuff, Bob Kuban etc etc.

What about doing it then, it gives enough time to get it sorted......? (Jan and Mondo are already regulars there)

Couldn't agree more Ashley!!!!!!!!

My husband went there from its opening,when most of the rock and roll genre from the Locarno went and they used to play some decent music,he has seen the Who and the Moody Blues there in 1965 then they started playing soul and Cr***y motown and they all left to find other venues

Well November it looks like then (There's no air displays to distract me either so I could make trip over too)

yea lynmee most of the good bands started off as mod ones, the who, small faces hendrix, status quo, stones pink floyd etc, then as night wore on got into 12 bar blues and the places livened up, remember a great night at dungeon, started I think boxing day 12:01 am with The Jaybirds (Ten Years After, in later days) bikes were parked outside and some p*** decided a good idea was a trip to skeggy at about 5am! no wonder I've got ill health these days!

Im looking forward to it already!

Is November ok for everyone? If not, theres always the soul and Motown gig im doing at The Polish Club on May 16, also a Saturday...Im easy...im doing both! !jumping! And if you can make both, all the better!!

I am working lates again!

But I think 8 months is enough notice for me to get the night off.

Did you say Stu might be coming?

Jan, can we get Dusty to come if Craig promises to play some Stevie and Smokey?

Ill deffo be playing Stevie and Smokie!! Nothings too good for my baby when theres a whole lotta shaking in my heart!!!!

Pete, I assume I will be playing vinyl, as I believe its all Rob uses, so TT's will have to be installed, but what a ball ache lugging it around!

Hi Fynger, you can do it either way, ticket or potd, although for the May doo, its probably safer to get a ticket, if the Macmillan one in March was anything to go by! (It sold out before a single ticket had been printed)

HI Mick.Dusty and Stephanie were both at the Polish Eagle do for the charity do and will be at the next one in October so you better book the night off. Went up to see STu today. He's at home now and promised me that he'll be ready to go to a soul do with me in about six week if his physio go to plan.craig always plays decent music, if not to your satisfaction just have a word works for me.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON

Hi Pete C, Geno would get my vote too.Gee.

Hendrix wasn't mod so wouldn't have been suitable for a Dungeon reunion anyway...Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band get my vote.

pete c....still riding a vespa

!clapping!

HI Mick.Dusty and Stephanie were both at the Polish Eagle do for the charity do and will be at the next one in October so you better book the night off. Went up to see STu today. He's at home now and promised me that he'll be ready to go to a soul do with me in about six week if his physio go to plan.craig always plays decent music, if not to your satisfaction just have a word works for me.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON

May be we can get Dusty to dance to Smokey !laughing! at the next do for charity in october. I hope Stu is well enough for the next one too.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON