My favourite was a discount fag shop seen near Manchester some years back...it was a mock tudor building that could easily be mistaken for a pub.Outside was a pub type swinging sign...The name of the business?...'The Packet Inn'

There's a few in and around Nottingham of course. Best one that springs to mind is a company in Basford (still trading) called Flashing Sevices, which is run by a gentleman called Mr. Balls.

Many years ago Mr. Balls (a very nice bloke) was a regular customer at GT Cars on Ilkeston Road, where I was working in the parts deparment. I still remember the look of consternation on my rather straight-laced manager's face when he breezed in to the shop and cheerily announced himself as "Balls, Flashing Services"!

There was also a scaffolding company, in Newark I think, called "Spook Erections"; their trademark was a comic ghost with an appropriate bulge!

• 3 weeks later...

There used to be a bar in Roanoke, Virginia thet had "dancing" girls - it was called "CTT's"

Hewars were the blokes (In Cornwall) who used to sit on prominant land masses and shout to the harbour if there was a ship coming in that would need a pilot boat . Also he would keep his eye out for Pilchard shoals , and HEWAR the fishing boats (Bit like SRAMBLE in WW2!!)

There is a Hewars tower still in situe on the headland between Fistral Beach and the harbour in Newquay.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Had to laugh at the name of a brothel in Holland - 'The Office'. I wonder how many times the excuse "I was at the office dear" ha been made ;o)