Blue Bell Hill Infants And Junior School.

Anyone start their education at that school?? It was in St Anns district.

• 3 years later...

Not one single one Stan, my parents had all the school photos of me, sadly they went many years ago, I can only hope my Sister has them now as she cleared all their things out.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to blue bell in the 50's up to 1961, I was a bell monitor for a while, the headmaster's name was mr s p leigh, I was told on a visit to the library on carlton road near the co op that he used to write short plays too, they showed us some of them, The deputy headmaster was mr lowe, He was our class teacher, class 6 I think, he had a deformed hand, again I was told he had tried to rescue someone from a burning plane crash and that's how it happened.

• 6 years later...

I taught there, student, unqualified in the Infants. Head teacher Miss Morgan . I was there for one year before going to train to be a teacher. That was 1954/5. I remember a girl called Pat Rogers who kept in touch with me. She married a miner. I have a class photo which I will scan and post. I retired from teaching in 1996 and live in Spain.

Pamela, you'd probably have taught me then, I started 1952 until 1956, then on to Sec school.

I was there from 1950 till 54, and recall the name Miss Morgan.

Somewhere in the loft I have a class photo. I'll try and find it.

Names I can remember are Judith Thornley, Sandra Giles, Sandra Flint, Lorna Middleton, Moran Sherwood, Gordon Freestone, Michael Booth. Ian Lamb, Gordon Lamb, Derek Chaplain and Jagadish Johal, the first coloured person I'd ever seen.

Not bad for 60 years ago.

• 2 years later...

Been rummaging in the loft this afternoon as it's wet and miserable,  but for the life of me, I can't find the photos.

I did find my old BBH blazer badge though 

No Margie, I asked him a couple of years ago.