ey up another new 'un - interested in Forest Mill

Hey all,

Found you while doing some research for an architecture project, yeah I'm a student, but don't ban me straight away we're not all bad. Been in Notts about 7 years now, my old man is in the RAF so I've never lived anywhere else longer than 3 years so I guess Nottingham is my adopted home.

Anyhow, I'm doing this project on the Forest Mill site, learned a lot though this webist and at central library but really want some input from you guys who know how the site has changed.

Apparently there was a pub on the corner of what was chapel street and is now an extension of highurst street and Alfreton Road, was called the Hope & Anchor, anyone remember it.

Been reading a lot about Marriott Ogle Tarbotton, who designed the baths and TRent Bridge & Papplewick pumping station, guys sounds like a legend, apparently he died throught "the over-use of his brain" Think I'm going to mention that to my tutor next time he tells me to work 24 hours a day.

Anyhow sorry for such a rambling first post but if anyone has any info or photos of the site, I'd be reet grateful.

Ta.

Gareth

• 3 weeks later...