Personally, I hate boxing, but this blokes name fascinates me, all I can find out is that his father is of Polish/Jewish ancestry, presumably he comes from a family that originated from the brave, but politically manipulated Polish fighters that came over here during the war. As it isn't likely to be published in our local Braintree and Witham Times, do you lot in Nottingham know more about his family history.

As has been mentioned else where , I know his dad personally ,and do you know , it never crossed my mind to enquire where he came from!! him being 6' 6'' and a boxer himself.

Firbeck, Where did you find out information about Frank?

I did look for Frank in the fight video.

Not seen him for about 10 years?

He lived just off Colwick loop road early 90's

A gentleman as I remember.

I've looked really hard for him too at the fights but I think he must be totally estranged, as you only ever see and hear his mum mentioned.

Heard tonight that Carl is shortly to appear, with other boxers, on The Weakest Link.

Not sure if it's true, and it's apparently going to be screened in the summer (if we get one !laughing! )

Just read that too Frank , Calzagie will be on there too

Mick

I got the information about Frank from good old Wikipedia, I know it's not always correct, but they try.

I don't like boxing, but I can understand why people do it and yes, there is an elegance and hard won skill with certain fighters, I'm not a member of the ban brigade.

I think what put me off was many years ago, when we had a boxing 'tournament' in my mates back garden. We took it fairly seriously, made a rudimentary ring, had buckets of water, a ref and seconds and even proper boxing gloves. Dancing around like a pillock, pretending I was Cassius Clay, I got lucky, got in a blow to the head and put my best mate out for the count, and more. I absolutely crapped myself, I thought I'd killed him. Luckily I hadn't, but it made me reflect that if a complete novice and amateur d@ckhead like myself could do this, it was dangerous and not like a game of footy in the park, I'm just a lightweight, had I been a bit of a lump, perhaps I could have caused significant damage. No worries, my mate went on to become a head teacher, now retired.

• 1 year later...

Don't forget , Haye and former champ Lennox Lewis in that list..................unionflag

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...