Image.gif

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.

The next morning while they are eating breakfast,

The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside.

"That laundry is not very clean", she said.

"She doesn't know how to wash correctly.

Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

Her husband looked on, but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,

The young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a

Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:

"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.

I wonder who taught her this."

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and

Cleaned our windows."

And so it is with life. What we see when watching others

Depends on the purity of the window through which we look.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Grandad always said "When one door closes, another one opens" Lovely man, terrible cabinet maker.

Girls no longer cook like their mothers these days they drink like their fathers.

I'm going to get round to cleaning my living room windows this weekend, but I can't really see how thats going to stop my neighbour opposite from being the complete mouthy, self opinionated, lazy, selfish, ignorant w@nker that he truly is. My neighbours on either side clean their windows regularly and it doesn't seem to have made their opinion of him any different either. In fact, without exception, every other resident on this road is really great, a rarity, a fantastic helpful and caring community, they have their windows cleaned regularly and some of them even suffer talking to him occasionally, you can tell its a strain, they all think he's a nightmare. My missus tried communication, but her invective about him last night suggested he could be in danger of death if she happened to find him in the middle of the road while she was driving home at night.

There's always one isn't there. I look forward to him getting out his Kango hammer this bank holiday weekend, as he did over Easter, well, he can't do it during the week, he has to sit on his @rse all day stuffing himself with whatever and watching daytime TV or tinkering with his bikes while his house looks like a sh@thole, but his wife works for the local council and earns mega bucks in the social services department. She should look at her own life and sort the t@sser out.

I'm sure that everyone has been down that road and had a hideous neighbour, I have, I've offered olive branches and been succesful in some very extreme cases, the bank robber was a classic. The trouble with this d@ckhead is that he's lived here and ruled his other neighbours lives for too long, a showdown is shortly on the cards, he is very wary of me and keeps his head down and runs off when I've tried to talk to him. If the Kango comes out this weekend he could have a very enlarged backside, sad isn't it.

Only have a problem with one opposite...

One winter morning in the dark on the service road at the side of the house.The rear door on my Land Rover Disco decided to snap a hinge and was hanging off...not funny..damned heavy thing.

I couldn't move the car without the door crashing to the ground,until my local mechanic and his mate could get round to give me a hand to bodge it into place to get it to his workshop.

Freezing cold in the dark the three of us were struggling to wedge the door into place when Madam drove round the corner from her garage and lit us up with her headlights...I gave her a wave and mouthed won't be a minute. With grazed knuckles and trapped fingers we struggled on.Did she wind her window down and ask 'Gonna be long?'.......Nope.

Like Princess Anne surrounded by minions she leaned on her horn for a good five seconds.This prompted the mechanic to loudly pronounce where she could stick her horn. She was held up for a further two minutes.

'Aint spoke to me since...silly cow. Her little mouse of a husband has also been ordered to ignore me too.

The rest of the neighbours are ok but they would walk past saying nothing if it wasn't for my habit of saying 'Morning'.... not the friendliest bunch.

You never know how many freinds/relatives you have, until you buy a house in Cornwall !!!

Yesterday I went to collect perscription from doctors, theres a public car park outside and it was full with just one disabled spot left, so out came the blue badge and in I go, 2 mins later I'm out and theres a woman standing by my van, I take no notice of her as I walk towards the village chemists but can hear her shouting "Excuse me" at about 3rd one of those I turn towards her, "you're parked in a disabled bay" "yes that's right" (blank look on her face) "well it's for disabled people" "yes that's right" another blank look followed by "SOME PEOPLE!" "I know awful isn't it" As it happened on my return driving out I see's her (walking better than me) coming out the quacks, much pointing at my badge by me followed with the universal 2 fingers aimed at her! arrogant cow

Funny you should say that Beefsteak.

Many years ago when my missus was just a gal, her old man decided to move to Cornwall. They pulled out of the house deal at the last minute because his nibs hadn't considered his work situation properly. Meanwhile all the black sheep of the family decided to move down there as well, they couldn't bare the thought of losing out on their gravey train. They're still there, but it can be argued as to who came out the best in the long run.

,,,,,,,, bit like when I moved here,,,,,,

almost as soon as I emptied the removal van,,, my poxy sister rolls up,,,, and asks if I know anywhere to stay !!!!!

I didn't, but I pointed to a couple of hotels across the road.

Precisely my reason for posting. I mentioned it to a couple of 'acquaintances' a couple of weeks ago and already I have had 3 lots of people inviting themselves down !!

Tell a few of your mates Ash, and they can all F**k off too...... smile2

Precisely my reason for posting. I mentioned it to a couple of 'acquaintances' a couple of weeks ago and already I have had 3 lots of people inviting themselves down !!

Funny, lots of people do that for here!

ok, I've just phoned The Mofo's Biker gang, they asked is there somewhere under cover for the Harley's etc? :blink:

If it ain't Nott's Gladiators I ain't interested.

In the process of selling and buying , coming down again 17th-25th

Seen a couple around Indian Queens and a nice one near Liskeard, plus one right down by Cambourne.

I hate to tell you Beefsteak, according to the AA, Winsford to Fairford 135 miles, Truro to Fairford 214 miles, you're making a terrible mistake abandoning the Salt Mines for those lovely China Clay quarries..........................

Yeah but it's a straight through road from Truro , (No M6/M5 junction to negotiate, saving a good hour on the journey time)

As the Crow flies Liskeard to Fairford = 142 miles