no more bacon sarnies

Today we have been informed that pork sections of the 2 licensed suppliers in abu Dhabi have had to remove all pork off shelves. Not yet banned in Dubais outlets YET....However better hurry to Spinneys supermarket to get bacon packs before 1. it either all goes or 2. Taken away..... un flamin believable!!!!! I didn't think you could get the swine flu through 'dead' pig!!!!!

Any excuse from our muslim friends!

The worlds gone mad, you can't catch swine flu from prepared and cooked meat, hopefully such will be the panic, and it's happening, that all pork products will be on extra special cheapo offer from the big supermarkets and we'll have some decent barbies over whats promised to be a very pleasant and hot Bank Holiday weekend down here.

This epedemic has at least diverted the media's obsession with the state of the economy, we're either doomed or the whole thing is a farce, I expect that the shops will run out of Beechams Powders shortly, then what will we do.

we went through a simlier thing with the Great Corned Beef / Typhoid fiasco of about 63/64.

I think my dad & I were the only people eating corned beef for a couple of years.,,,,,, am still waiting to see if it effected me. It must have effected my old dad - he died last year !

Mariag, did you hear that Egypt has used the opportunity to destroy ALL of its pigs!

I phoned the NHS help line today, but all I got was crackling.!

Yes I too read about egypts pigs being slaughtered.... strange that when I was in Egypt 2 christmases ago that you couldn't get pork anywhere..... even hard rock cafe had ' beef bacon'....... have the same problem here in most food outlets.... anyone tried beef bacon..... bl***y awful!!! Our pork sections of supermarkets here are fast running out lol