Hi All,

Let me say stright away that I'm an imposter as I come from Yorkshire,if you can forgive me that then maybe you can help my search,my G/mother was born in Nottingham in 1868 and I have now found her marriage certificate which shows she was married in 1888 at The Parish church of St.John the Baptist,Nottingham,and they lived at 7,Garners Hill,Nottingham.I dont seem to be able to find either,is the church mentioned a C of E Church or a Baptist Church,and where was or is 7,Garners Hill.If any one can help we would be very gratefull.TED

• 2 weeks later...

Ey Up!

"Scarboro" yer say!

If you were rich perhaps?

If we were lucky enuff to get a holiday, it would be a Skilly's bust to Mablethorpe, and a caravan at 'Golden Sands'

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Let me say stright away that I'm an imposter as I come from Yorkshire,if you can forgive me that then maybe you can help my search,my G/mother was born in Nottingham in 1868 and I have now found her marriage certificate which shows she was married in 1888 at The Parish church of St.John the Baptist,Nottingham,and they lived at 7,Garners Hill,Nottingham.I dont seem to be able to find either,is the church mentioned a C of E Church or a Baptist Church,and where was or is 7,Garners Hill.If any one can help we would be very gratefull.TED

Hi Ted,

If you click on the link it will take you to a website containing pictures of Nottingham/Derby.

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/

I have just searched and there is just one sketched picture [that I can find] of Garners Hill although there are plenty of Drury Hill which was very near and very much the same sort of street and housing.

This area has all been demolished now - part of it [Drury Hill] for a horrible shopping centre and part of it [Garner's Hill included] for a railway line that is no longer there. A park was then created called Garner's Hill Park - this has now gone for building work!!!!

Hope this helps you!

Elaine