Britains Got Talent?

I was out sinking a few thank god, maybe more of you ought to try it then there won't be pubs going under like there is...Bip.

Just like you mate, me and the lovely Mrs Frank had a "Beer by Tram night" Walked down to Moorbridge, caught the tram to Basford Crossings nipping up to the Old Pear Tree for a couple of wets, then back on the tram upto Wikinson Street and the Lion Inn on Shipstone Street. They had a group on warming up as we entered - thank f**k we didn't stop for the proper show - would have ended the night totally deaf. Back on the tram down into town and into Langtry's - excellent pint of Gold Bullion by the Nottm Brewery. Onwards up to the Poacher for a fix of HP. Stood at the bar looking up at the Menu board and - low and behold - on the Vegetarian side it states :

Harvest Pale Pie

Mushrooms, Courgettes and Leeks marinated in Harvest Pale then cooked in a short crust pastry. Served with mash and onion gravy............

Didn't try it (well, it was quite late) as it would interupt my onward progress to the FADE next door for a couple of EIDENGER wheat beers as a night cap.

All in all, an excellant night out and to top it all, the homeward bus was only half full (or was that half empty?)

• 11 months later...

One thing's for certain England ain't, not judging by the cup final! I know we've had a few high profile players go abroad, but talk about united nations, I think we are going to get a real shock come the world cup

Oh I dunno , I think if we can employ David James first half goal posts and cross bar we've got a world beater!!!

probably find they are wood from Brazilian rain forest so don't qualify as english? that said I remember when a shot from a Brighton player hit the post in 2nd Notts playoff final a distinct metallic clang, poss aluminium?