What are you reading at the moment?

Just returned from Turkey

No hire car, so I read a book on the beach, now completed.

51ZDT0YQ0KL_SL500_AA240_.jpg

Highly recommended story of a Notts lad.

I could not put it down.

I will post Notts excerpt here when I get time.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just started reading a book that was written by a friend from the next village. It is about building a community. The small village has two busses per week and the only amenity was a 90 year ol

Re. The Ten Commandments.  Their primary purpose was to set a standard, NONE of us can meet.  See Paul's comments in Galations in which he refers to them as a "Schoolmaster" to bring us to Christ.  Yo

I'm pleased you found the programme interesting, NBL.   I usually enjoy watching things like that, but I somehow missed it....  the thing is, though, I believe Jesus didn't stay dead - that's why I've

Just finished Dawn French dear fatty, now reading one of kathy kelly novels, thats when I have put down Janet and John that I am reading to quackers

Just finishing Alan Sillitoe's New and Collected Stories...

Enough 'Nottinghamese' therein to begin yet another thread!..."chiking","allus","welloes" etc...

614 pages of utter delight for anyone familiar with mid-20th Century Nottingham.

Cheers

Robt P.

Bird Count (a practical guide to bird surveys) by Humphrey M Dobinson, in particular how the severe winter of the early 60s affected native species populations

Rog

• 3 years later...

There is a thread "What are you listening to............................"

Thought it would be interesting to see what members were reading at the moment.

Britain's lost breweries & beers (pub 2012) by Chris Arnot.

Chris Arnot did a talk about that book (post number 1) and one about lost football grounds, at The Ship at Lowdham the other week, would like to have been there. Please let us know what you reckon to it, Bubblewrap.

I've always got a novel on the go, but at the same time perhaps getting on for a half dozen non-fiction which is probably why they last for so long! Some things like P G Wodehouse and Jennings are always in and out of the bookshelves, and especially in view of the weather over the last 12 months I find lots of excuses for not getting out in the garden, but at least I do feel guilty when I open up the pages! The Forum has cut into my reading time quite a bit over the last few months!!

"My Old Man" by John Major - A history of the Music Hall, and not what some may think!

"The Breaks are Off" - autobiography by Graeme Swann

"Double Cross" by Ben Macintyre - story of the D-Day spies

John Betjeman Letters vol 2

The above will last me a while but I will no doubt add others as and when the fancy takes!

trying to get into call the midwifes now i got my new reading classes i might get into it again.

last on i managed to finish a couple of months ago narrow marsh by alan dance local authour have got the follow up leen times to start too but dont like to start one till i have finished the last one.

Riders of the Range Annual..........................from the famous radio & Eagle comics, second time around, read it first 54 years ago............

Just finished Ian Rankin's latest Rebus offering, thoroughly enjoyed it ! so made me start reading his first novels again, right back to the beginning of Rebus.

Just love Rankins way with words and dark humour he gets into the story.