What are you reading at the moment?

Just reading the latest catalogue from Book Law Publications. There's a new book out anytime now entitled The Back Line by Hayden Reed. Mmmmm my birthday is coming up soon ! 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just started reading a book that was written by a friend from the next village. It is about building a community. The small village has two busses per week and the only amenity was a 90 year ol

Re. The Ten Commandments.  Their primary purpose was to set a standard, NONE of us can meet.  See Paul's comments in Galations in which he refers to them as a "Schoolmaster" to bring us to Christ.  Yo

I'm pleased you found the programme interesting, NBL.   I usually enjoy watching things like that, but I somehow missed it....  the thing is, though, I believe Jesus didn't stay dead - that's why I've

On a par Lizzie ! Cheeky madam smile2 

The Back Line ran from Trent Lane, Sneinton, through Daybrook to Leen Valley Junction, then originally on to Derby Friargate. 

Shall I expand further Lizzie ? Lizzie, wake up !  :sleeping:

Went to Book Law this morning, and got The Back Line. Ûnder the umbrella on the patio. See you all in a week ! LOL

• 2 months later...

Just finished a Harlan Coben book, Missing You. It was so exciting towards the end I had to keep putting it down and leaving it a while. My heart couldn't take it, LOL. Sorry I'm not in the highbrow group, I love fiction!

• Like 1

I like reading J.T.Edson, a writer of westerns which I  find enjoyable and not too deep. But my best reads are Larry MacMurtry. I have five of his books permanently on my Kobo e.reader, the best of which i think is Lonesome Dove, which is about third in a sequence. The tv series of this book was brilliant, with one of my favourite actors, Robert Duvall.

Another good read I've  just recalled is Jerome K. Jerome= '3 Men in a boat', another funny book, but not to everyone's  taste.

He was once quoted as saying, " If you don't  like the weather in England, wait a minute".  Priceless !

Thanks for that Dodie, I  knew he were English but didn't  realise he lived that near to Nottingham. You've  made me feel more connected to him now. "Muchas Gracias !".

I think I read somewhere that he was born at Whitwell near Clowne, just over the border into Derbyshire, but moved to MM many years ago.

The Arrow, the Nottm City Council left wing blurb. Do we residents pay these numbskulls to produce this outlandish propaganda ?

They'd be better off spending the cash on road repairs, better rubbish collections, and street cleaning. Especially at this time of the year when leaves are falling dramatically, and when it rains, they clog up the already blocked drains. 

Where's my recycling bin !

I just flick through the pages in amazement, that folks could be so dilussional and unrealistic.

@radfordred  just read your 'interests' information.... interesting reading!   Our son likes The Cure -never come across anyone else who likes them....

• 3 weeks later...

After reading a strtng of terrible railway books, I have found a good, well written, anecdotal railway book written by a retired Masfield locomotive fireman (1941-1954). His accounts of happenings are second to none and so well written that I find it hard to put down.

I picked up Princes at War by Deborah Cadbury whilst in the library. A look at the archive evidence for the relationship between Edward VIII and George VI.

Although before my time, David, Prince of Wales has always fascinated me and though I have read many books and articles relating to him, it is still very difficult to understand his undoubtedly damaged personality, still less that of the peculiar woman he married.

Otherwise, his family comes across much as anyone else's: a collection of oddballs who are often at daggers drawn with their parents and siblings. I'm sure that applies as much to any of the members of NS as it does to the royals, with the exception that our dirty washing isn't displayed for all to see on the front pages of the media. That's what Facebook and the like is for...at least for some, who seem to revel in it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1