mariag

What are you reading at the moment?

I think I read somewhere that he was born at Whitwell near Clowne, just over the border into Derbyshire, but moved to MM many years ago.

The Arrow, the Nottm City Council left wing blurb. Do we residents pay these numbskulls to produce this outlandish propaganda ?

They'd be better off spending the cash on road repairs, better rubbish collections, and street cleaning. Especially at this time of the year when leaves are falling dramatically, and when it rains, they clog up the already blocked drains. 

Where's my recycling bin !

I totally agree FLY.  Actually we never ever read it, it just goes straight into the recycling bin.   

• Upvote 1

I just flick through the pages in amazement, that folks could be so dilussional and unrealistic.

Can't even wrap fish n chips in it nowadays! 

• Like 1

Just saw a picture of the knife angel at Derby Cathedral on face book has anyone been to see it looks quite impressive.

1 hour ago, IAN FINN said:

Just saw a picture of the knife angel anyone been to see it 

@radfordred  just read your 'interests' information.... interesting reading!   Our son likes The Cure -never come across anyone else who likes them....

After reading a strtng of terrible railway books, I have found a good, well written, anecdotal railway book written by a retired Masfield locomotive fireman (1941-1954). His accounts of happenings are second to none and so well written that I find it hard to put down.

Bet our Albert would enjoy that book Compo.

I reckon he would enjoy the Compo book of jokes more, Lizzie. 

• Like 1

I picked up Princes at War by Deborah Cadbury whilst in the library. A look at the archive evidence for the relationship between Edward VIII and George VI.

Although before my time, David, Prince of Wales has always fascinated me and though I have read many books and articles relating to him, it is still very difficult to understand his undoubtedly damaged personality, still less that of the peculiar woman he married.

Otherwise, his family comes across much as anyone else's: a collection of oddballs who are often at daggers drawn with their parents and siblings. I'm sure that applies as much to any of the members of NS as it does to the royals, with the exception that our dirty washing isn't displayed for all to see on the front pages of the media. That's what Facebook and the like is for...at least for some, who seem to revel in it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, MargieH said:

Our son likes The Cure -never come across anyone else who likes them....

I’m more the first two albums, I was done with them around 1983 before the big hair & make-up. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, LizzieM said:

Bet our Albert would enjoy that book Compo.

He's probably aready got a copy, Lizzie.