Past local Steam Engine and Vintage Vehicle Rallies.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used to have a Wallis and Steevens 1922 Road Roller which we rescued from a field near Luton, where it had stood for many years, totally covered and hidden by weeds and bushes.  We had  to take the

All tractors are large these days, other than those used in yards or paddocks. It’s no longer economical to farm with smaller machines. The problem is when these gargantuans drive on the narrow countr

My little contribution to the vintage engine scene Before After   Petter   Rog

It was interesting to see the Ford 3000. I’ve got the 2000 which is slightly rarer because the 3000 had the higher horsepower and was not much more expensive. I think mine was used for pulling a mower as it’s fitted with turf tyres and an open cab. I did retrofit a loader bucket but I don’t use it much these days. It could do with a good clean and a coat of New Major Blue.

• Like 1

Etabl - Doyen, built in Belgium, I think it's a two cyclinder with two flywheels, the stack is made of stainless steel spot welded together, not sure if the original stack was made that way though

Rog

• Like 1

Taken about 1970 at Crich, just after the opening of their wokshops (I think).

40877612052_47a95f8512_c.jpg

• Like 1

Grey_Fergie_(1).jpg

Grey_Fergie_(3).jpg

P1050756.jpg

Little grey Fergie, in the first two pictures the tractor is fitted with a correct Fergie cab,the attachment on the back is a cauli box, the third picture I took at a tractor rally in Llandudno last year

Rog

• Like 1

A few more steamers

rally_1.jpg

rally_2.jpg

show_newark1-4_(1).jpg

steam_4.jpg

First two I took at Dunston Bassett Leicestershire, the third picture was at Newark showground and the last one Wollaton park steam and country fair quite a few years ago

Rog

Dunston Bassett Leicestershire

rally_3.jpg

rally_4.jpg

this one at SED industrial machinery show advertising tyres

SED_08.jpg

Rog

Miniature steam

show_newark1-4_(2).jpg

show_newark1-4_(3).jpg

Both taken at Newark showground

This one Wollaton park again

steam_2.jpg

And this one demonstrating a long reach arm for clearing ditches,Woodhall Spa show

woodhall_show_12_008.jpg

I hope these pictures have been of interest

Rog

• Like 2

Most likely this will be in the wrong thread, but it was a 'workhorse' same as the old tractors. Saw this nr the Dock in Hobart, Tasmania. Made in Leicester. 

You hope the pictures have been of interest. To me yes, all the pictures on nottstalgia I find of great interest and enjoyment, I must make the effort to go to one of these shows. I thank all the people on this site for taking the time and effort to post photos.

Katyjay,great picture and the machine looks to be in great condition,good restoration of a steam crane, should it run on rails? I see  drive chains on both sides but opposite ends

thanks for posting

Rog

Another steam operated machine,this one is a Ruston Bucyrus 52B steam shovel,I think the "52" stands for it's weight in tons like the modern day shovels and diggers

P1050805.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Enjoyed restoring the Lister, I put the wrong exhaust pipe on it to keep it fairly quiet,the pepper pot exhaust was a tad noisy, the piston was stuck in the cyclinder and the sump had quite a bit of sand in it but after a good stripdown and clean it eventually came to life,the trolley it is on I made myself in my back garden,the cast iron wheels are original 1930's that I picked up from a steam/country fair in Leicestershire for forty quid

Rog

Same as on the ST1 the LD1 filter comes out of the front of the engine, the earlier ones didn't have a seperate filter but a gauze type behind the flat cover plate

Rog

Condensation in the fuel tank after the cold weather,fuel tank removed ready to drain fuel,pipes from tank to injector pump emptied as is the pipe from pump to injector, all is looking good,

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...