A bloke who I know recently passed & was a lifelong Notts supporter.Not leaving much brass NCFC & the supporters club coughed up for his funeral & bunfight afterwards.

Last week his ashes were interred under a corner flag on the Meadow Lane pitch.

• Like 3
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, catfan said:

A bloke who I know recently passed & was a lifelong Notts supporter.Not leaving much brass NCFC & the supporters club coughed up for his funeral & bunfight afterwards.

Last week his ashes were interred under a corner flag on the Meadow Lane pitch.

That’s lovely and well done County.  My brother and I actually discussed enquiring about scattering Dad’s ashes at Meadow Lane when he eventually passed away, seeing as he was a County player way back when, then Dad said he wanted to be buried in the family grave so we did as he wished.  

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, alan s said:

Just seen that Notts County are up for sale because the chairman posted a picture of his c*ck on Twitter. What a time to be alive.

But is that the reason it’s up for sale?!!!   

There's more,

The Philip Haffenden Enclosure.

Will be a covered enclosure for disabled supporters at the Meadow Lane ground.
Funded by the members of Bulwell Baptist Church & Notts County supporters.
A lasting tribute to a well liked Bulwell bloke, Notts fan & member of our church.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
20 hours ago, alan s said:

What a time to be alive.

What a time indeed?

Your clubs rock bottom of the football league & the erratic chairman accidentally tweets a picture of his own cock, then puts the club up for sale?  

Hows he going to top that? 

Alan Hardy the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

So sad if Notts go out of the league,,................always supported both City clubs,,more Forest than Notts........but a sad day today for both clubs........Roy Keane joining O'neil,,..........really dislike Keane,, whats he ever done for any club?.........never forget him calling his Manager ''an English ...t,'' when he was a player for Ireland...............

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And his badge kissing scenario declaring undying loyalty, then buggering off for more money ! Never liked him as a player, manager and especially, a man. Then ending the career of Alfe Inge Haaland .

• Like 2

Maurice Setters was also English............Didn't know McCarthy made the poor lads use Hotel bog paper.........Keane should try and earn his money in Ireland if he thinks the English are ...ts.........

• Upvote 1

Don't really care about Irish football,,......foreign country to me,, no its Keane i strongly dislike, as Fly says as a man.....I do care who Manages Forest.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyway Notts have asked me to do their interviews for a Manager in future........so it will be up to me........

Edit and i won't be poaching any Irish players. or Managers...........lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Interviews will be held at the Costa Coffee,,Main st, Bulwell  (outside smoking area)

References must be supplied on the day,,

Must be born in Nottingham or the County of,,

Must have Managed in the Notts Combination or Bulwell and district

Must have proof both Parents born in Notts,,

Must have attended a Nottingham school and be fluent in Nottingham speech, ie  Ey-up mi-duck.

Must be dressed in 3-piece suit at interview,,inc.arm bands and cuff links.

Must be able to converse with ladies of a certain age,,and make em 'Titter''

If you have all the above qualities you may be in with a shout,,and move to second interview...........good luck,,,,,,,,,,,Benjamin ,,,chief recruiting officer Notts county football club..Meadow Lane,,,Nottingham,,

Edit,, just read it again........think i might apply mesen......lol

• Like 7

What you will get is someone who will buy it for a pound, promise huge investments that will never happen and use it as a way to reduce capital gains liabilities. They stand every chance of never having heard of  Notts County with a strong possibility they were not even born in England never mind Nottingham!

Will they speak like wot we do me duck? I doubt it. More likely to use phrases like 'going forward,'  'blue sky thinking'  and what ever jingoistic claptrap is this months favourite.

I'm not a football fan and I think it sad that clubs go to the wall but they are sitting on a prime chunk of real estate and greedy eyes are watching...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Is he a bit of a d**k? Discuss!

Watched the Alan Hardy interview on tonight's East Midlands Today, there is no denying he looks & talks a broken man? I hope & prey the people close to him, keep an eye on his health, mental or otherwise.

4 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Must be born in Nottingham or the County of

This should go for anything Nottingham, I only want folk with an NG postcode in the City Ground supporting my Nottingham Forest, I don't give i flying f  that you've traveled every game from Germany/Italy/France/Iceland/Ireland/Kent. you don't live here, or you never have, or you left, you belong in the away end, we didn't we stayed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Spot on RR. Two of us we stranded at Old Trafford one night, and saw a Silverdale coach amongst a line of coaches. We pleaded for a lift back, and even offered to pay, but were told to F off, as they were all Man U supporters returning to NOTTM !  Bar stewards!

• Like 1

Forest have always had some great Scots,,,5 of the 1959 cup winning team were Scots........can you name them ? no cheating,,,!!!

The first Irishman i remember was Noel Kelly ,,early 50s,,

The first Northern Irish player i remember was Fay Coyle........a centre forward when Forest were trying to replace the great Wally Ardron as the centre forward,again early 50s   poor old Fay didn't last long,,

Welshmen,,,?   Terry tra la la Hennesey and Ronnie Rees,, 

Edit,,   sorry Notts for being on wrong site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Another question as above................5 forest players were Scots 5 were English what was the other ?

15 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:
14 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Another question as above................5 forest players were Scots 5 were English what was the other ?

Forest have always had some great Scots,,,5 of the 1959 cup winning team were Scots........can you name them ? no cheating,,,

None of you Forest fans know then  ?

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Notts County