Ayup Stan .......... !laughing! !jumping! !clapping! !congrats! smile2 !rotfl!

Well done in the twenty 20

Cricket here is a big affair amongst the indian/pakistan labourers. You see them on a friday (day off) setting up adhock on any bit of disused land for a game.... funny that it started as an english game - guess it was left over from colonial India. Company my OH works for (30 0dd thousand employees, mainly from the sub continent) here have different teams within that they play against with good prizes... OH cannot abide cricket mind!

Ah well, at least it saves the Aussies from a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Irish.

Did they blame it on the pitch:-

scan0032-1.jpg

Oops sorry, that was 1941.

England did well.........lol...........at least its not raining here today.

Bip.....always optimistic

We had a blinding thunderstorm yesterday evening Maraig, I normally quite like a good bit of thunder and lightning but last nights effort frightened me to death, it was really violent and directly overhead, I wasn't prepared to step outside the door, even our normally unflappable Jack Russell went and hid under the table.

I remember having a cricket match at school and we were subjected to a violent thunderstorm. Our pitch at BGS was quite high up and we suggested to the sports teacher that we should go back to the changing rooms. He wouldn't have any of it, so we actually rebelled and legged it back down the hill. I dived through the changing room door followed by my pal, just at the moment that a bolt of lightning hit the door frame above his head and shot round the roof lights, it was terrifying, my mate couldn't cope with thunderstorms after that. As for the teacher, he had no symphathy and reckoned we should have stayed where we were, yeah, right.

I abhor thunderstorms..... once lived through one in turkey - I spent the whole night with a sheet over my head. They are always very electric abroad aren't they? It was so bad this storm in Kusadasi (turkey) that a road coming down the mountain near our hotel was like a mudslide and cars and trucks were coming down of their own accord. The town shops were totally flooded, but they just clear up, mop out and shrugged.... our hotel pool was unusable for 3 days - gutted at the time.

Electric storms here too - had a few blinders over the winter, everything floods terrible here (no land drains to speak of or guttering on houses - flat roofs on most!) Still hate thunder and lightening!

• 10 years later...