What did you think of the England match last night.

Precisely my point, anybody who can make the premier league is on at least £50,000 per week (That's over £2,600,000 per week when you take their promotional material into consideration, they then more or less automatically get in the England squad because there is no competition these days, vis a vis, they play on the 'world stage' get picked automatically, get a wage rise as they are of an international quality and are then like pigs in pooh for the rest of their lives and no longer feel the need to show a bit of passion for the international game.
It's all down to the revenue generated by Sky and their ties with the premier league. The top tier clubs no longer need to bring players in from lower leagues as they can get a 'big name' player from abroad who will make back their initial out lay in shirt revenue alone.

Does anybody think Rooney would still be playing if we had any decent players to threaten his place? .............. Nope, didn't think so.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can almost believe this.

The England squad arriving back in the county early this morning.

We'll soon have no Prime Minister, no Leader of the Opposition and no England football manager.

Hodgson totally lost the plot. How in Gods name can he leave out Lallana , yet play that dozy mutt Kane.

I'm baffled.

• Upvote 1

Hodgson don't be too hard on him i blame the players

These were highly paid professional footballers they should have easily won this match without a manager don't blame the manager blame the players

Wayne Rooney gets more in a month than I earned in my 50 years working life.

Also I heard on the BBC this morning that Iceland have no professional football teams we have 92 in the top 4 divisions alone.

Radfordred. has anyone ever told you that have a striking resemblance to Boris Johnson? We could do with some new celeb faces at our meeting, so how about coming TONIGHT. It's not far from Wollaton.

I know very little about football, but could it be that the Iceland team have had more time together to practise playing as a team? They haven't been thrown together from various other teams [like England and many/most others] Just a thought....

It seemed to me a total lack of commitment, skill, and the will to win. A disgusting performance.

• Upvote 1

I know very little about football, but could it be that the Iceland team have had more time together to practise playing as a team? They haven't been thrown together from various other teams [like England and many/most others] Just a thought....

No they are all professionals and play for teams all over Europe, just like the English (Though long gone are the days where we bring players back from other countries to play for our national squad, as they are all a load of lazy good for nothing idle b45t4rd5 who think the world owes them a living)

isitsafe

The only thing I understand about football is that to win you have to put the ball in the net more times than the other team maybe someone should tell that bunch of prima donnas we have as a team. SHAMBOLIC.

He shouldn't need to Lizzie, it should be up to the players to employ self motivation. That certainly wasn't in evidence last night.

We'd never have beaten France anyway!

• Upvote 1

the real people blame are the players so every one lets give Rooney & co as hard time when they return hellothere

I think the team owes the travelling supporters compensation for their poor performance noblue

• Upvote 1

In the early days of Cloughies glory days at Forest, the players we on a relatively low basic salary, but an enormous win bonus.

Payment by results, and it worked. I was in a PBR job and once I'd clocked in, I was totally focussed, NOTHING stood in my way of making money during working hours!

• Upvote 1

Oh Lord, I've got to endure Corriedale now.

Iceland played with determination & proud hearts, we should have played with proud hearts, but no Hart!!

They will hopefully be ridiculed mercilessly next season. It was by far the worst performance I've ever witnessed from an England 'team'.

No passion, that's what baffled me. Kane must surely be the most static of forwards ever.

My late mate Rob237 in post #3 berates Peter Crouch, but he'd have done better than Kane who's got the personality and mobility of a breeze block !