I sat and watched the Trooping of the Colour yesterday.

Attendant of Her Majesty were the 1st Batt Irish Guards, the 1st Batt Scots Guards, the 1st Batt Grenadier Guards, the 1st Batt Coldstream GUARDS, the LifeGUARDS and the 1st Batt Blues and Royals, all toting between them just about every SA80 assault rifle ever made - with fixed bayonets. Then came the Household Cavalry waving around a hundred gleaming sabres, each sharp enough to split a charging rhinocerous clean through the middle, followed by the 1st Batt Royal Horse Artillery drawing a complete battery of 6 inch Howitzers and ultimately a roaring flypast by the Red Arrows.

Throughout, standing dutifully beside Her Majesty at the podium was an armed copper in a flack vest. Obviously in case there was any trouble.

I seriously doubt whether Spike Milligan himself could have written this.

The Actual

Is it an event that you were previously unaware of before then, what are you trying to say, I don't get it, is it simply that you prefer the troops to use Lee Enfields instead, I would, but if you had a problem why did you watch it. There is an anti Royalist theme on here, fair enough, but this is part of the British tradition dating back to 1748, what would you have instead, supporters of Al Queda walking past Buck House and waving green flags. Are you one of those people wanting to get rid of our traditions and relegate us to nothing but bloody May Day, for whatever reason that means.

You're right Poohbear, I haven't, I got really wound up today. Those @rseholes at whatever railway company operate our local trains have this morning sent us a threatening letter and a big fine, because our youth, who has as much knowledge of travelling by rail, as I do of astrophysics, tried to buy a ticket from the local station, which was closed, jumped onto the local train which was moving out of the station expecting to be able to buy a ticket on it, or at the destination, and was instead taken advantage of by a jobsworth ticket inspector determined to make an example of teenage youths and sent us a hefty fine instead. If he was that guilty, he wouldn't have given them his real address, he's a good lad, but this is how the system deals with the innocents over a £2:50 fare, the b@stard, I hope he tries it on again with some genuinely nasty pieces of work and gets his smirking, officious gob kicked in permanently.

In the meantime I'm wracking my brains as to how to deal with the situation as I don't intend to pay this without a fight. Has anyone any suggestions.

Meanwhile, my apologies to anyone at the end of my bad mood.

Is not paying a train ticket a civil matter?

If so: Civil proceedings

Child means someone aged under 14 and young person means someone aged 14 or over but under 18.

As a child or young person you cannot normally be sued for breach of contract because, in most circumstances, you cannot enter into a contract which is enforceable in a court.

You can also challenge whether jumping on the train after unsuccessfully attempting to purchase a ticket was an act of "necessity".

Worth a try, appeal to their better nature (if they have one)

Interesting suggestions, Littleboro, I'm thinking about it.

Sorry, but I don't see the significance of your posting about the Brainless and Witless Rob, what are you pointing me at.

Sorry to state the bl33ding obvious Firbeck , but you are starting again!! try reading posts first , then re reading, then taking things with a pinch of salt, then stop hijacking threads so you can have your usual tirades against society !! and just enjoy the humour that most of us try to inject into this scabby old world

Ayup Shedfix , very funny and you have dutifully pointed out our shortfall. I shall have a word next year and see if we can't get a couple of SAMs upon the top of Admiralty arch and a Vanguard class Sub on the Thames (Just in case)

Ok, Ok, Beefsteak, I'm sorry, I don't want to fall out with anyone, especially you, having a bad day, it pushes you over the edge sometimes, especially me, I'm very delicate at the moment, another pile of bad things are happening today, I wish it would all end, I want a happy, fulfilled life please. On top of that, I'm just getting frustrated waiting for your Vulcan pictures, I was hoping that they would cheer me up, it's really all your fault.

However, the Trooping the Colour flypast was pretty good, I missed it in the flesh for the first time in years, the TV coverage was cr@p, but some good stuff on Youtube. Look up the Brize Norton VC10 family day jolly day out to Cornwall on saturday and tell us what you think, I reckon the families deserve it, but I don't think it will be popular with the media.