Went to Matlock FOC yesterday and could have carried on as far as Manchester on the trent/barton transpeak but that's the only "local" long distance route I can find? Surely there has to be a regular service bus to likes of Lincoln (quick change then Skegness) or south etc for Devon or Cornwall? (a couple of old biddies did Berwick on Tweed to Lands End, Gord knows how many different buses but saved £122 each way

My mum has been on the OAP run picked up Arnold town centre all the way to skegness.... although it took forever as the bus stops at every village. Not sure of number of the bus... but its definately free for pensioners!

My mum lives in skeg, when she comes to visit us she does bus to Lincoln, train from Lincoln to Notts. She hasnt found a way across for free yet, so I'd be interested in knowing how to do it

One doesn’t have to be a pensioner; I’ve had a combined free bus travel card and half fare rail card ever since I turned sixty, its great especially when like me one doesn’t look or feel sixty……I’ve only stated that fact to make Mick green-eyed.

Bip.

same here, 60 it is, I retired at 55 and sort of got into habit of referring to benefits as pension, This bus thing seems very hit and miss? when I phoned council they said "any local bus" but not a coach service ? !faint! but don't see nottm to manchester as local? Anyway have found you can travel on any trent/barton service for free, assume same applies to other companies? but who are they? t/b do regular to Derby but what company does same to Newark, Grantham, Leicester, Doncaster etc?

On my very regular jaunts down the A46, I dont think I've ever seen a bus (apart from the day-tripper buses). There has to be a bus service, as theres bus stops all the way to Newark.

Oh hang on... brain-fart... must be age creeping up

One of my kids went to Newark on the bus a couple of weeks ago, I'll try to remember to ask him what bus

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ........brain fart.....I like it.....lol

Bip....laughing his socks off

Untrue...bus passes are accepted on trams, but IIRC half-fare pre 09.30 and between 16.00-18.00?

Nottingham-Newark

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/large-st...tables/ML90.htm

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/tra...usefullinks.htm

Hourly? Nottingham-Melton-Oakham service from Broad Marsh...operated by Paul ?

Re the definition of 'coaches', invariably means long-distance National Express services are excluded

Cheers

Robt P.

My mum lives in skeg, when she comes to visit us she does bus to Lincoln, train from Lincoln to Notts. She hasnt found a way across for free yet, so I'd be interested in knowing how to do it

Will ask my mum when speak to her.....

re the trams, you're not missing much! noisy, bumpy, cramped and running through run down area's, Have found a direct FOC bus Broad Marsh to Mablethorpe via Skeggy Bellamy's route 200, only thing is it takes over 4 hours so no good for a day trip