the barn as it was known was also the Astoria Ballroom dont remember the road, but if you where going from town to trent bridge, you would pass marks and spencers on the left, them british home store and woolworths on the right, keep to the right [used to be some old arms houses, but they went years ago] was a car show room on a corner the astoris was on the corner of canel street and i think wheeler gate [you passed a pub called the sawyers] will find out

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Remember the Barn well, I was still at school and a girl the was a close friend of the family used to sneak me in on Friday nights. It was Coca Cola night and at that time it was always half full of American Airmen who laced the coke with Burbon. She later married one from Kentucky and went home with him.

• 11 months later...

Used to be a regular at " The Barn " with Ken Mc Intosh`s Band resident, I remember the Pub nearby ( Forgot the name ) but in those days in each room you could press a Bell and a Waiter would come for your order ( A pint for about 1/3d )

This was our last stop before the Barn after a pub crawl, The Queen Elizabeth- Sawyers Arms- Dog and Bear Etc . Happy days

Moor Farm Inn, great place. Served some good food and was very popular in the early 80s. Think i spent my 21st there. Anyone got any photos of it? I remember there being lots of interconnected rooms, and it was down quite a long winding lane?

I remember it now.

I think in recent years it was called something else?

Was the disco of the MFI have a name of its own?

• 1 month later...

I remember it now.

I think in recent years it was called something else?

Was the disco of the MFI have a name of its own?

I think you mean what was called The Gun Deck, a building behind the main (front) one that was the original disco. I DJ'd at Moor Farm from 1972 until its eventual demise. Dave Harris

Moor Farm ..became Tucks habit.....now gone.

my other half says some footballer (ex fulham?)bought it and turned it into his home and stables

thats him thanks, couldnt remember his name. looking on google earth theres not a lot left now

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NCCS001933&prevUrl=

i think moorfarm became bramcotte manor farm.went there a few times when i worked at balloon woods play centre.

Are you thinking of MFN Mick? miles from nowhere, used to be Shipley Boat, owned by Mick Aldred? ex Showaddywaddywaddy.

malc aldred not mick den. will be down there tonight if it stays dry.

malcs teddys on 1st off october £5 on the door if any one is interested, have had some good bands on this year, this will be the last one of the year.