Barmy laws of uk

Gypseys/travellers/fairworkers are to be given priority within a doctors surgery. Top of the queue regardless of greatest need.

I have never heard anything so disgraceful.

Yet again 'the underdog' has to be given priority.

Things are really going down the pan

What about the new regulation that allows Muslims interest free bank loans so it does not contravene their Holy Books rule on usery?

Wonder if that also applies to the trillions of dollars from oil revenues to the world economy?

Laws here bizarre on muslim law..... not sure where Stans iformation is from

but here, I am not aware of muslim bank loans being interest free (we know a jordanian very well who has loans with bank and quite clearly has to pay interest.

However emiratis (local arabs here) get a free house when they marry, subsided utilities etc - this is from the ruler. Have to say he does look after his subjects eh? Could you see our govmt doing the same?????

Sharia law does have different rules on credit (very long winded) - if you borrow money you have to write out however many months credit given in the form of post dated cheques..... if these bounce or are cancelled you are breaking the law and can be imprisoned.... no bankruptcy laws etc.

• 9 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've driven down Hucknall Rd a lot recently, from Kersall Drive to Bestwood Road. There's a glut of lime green sections on the road surface. Rectangles, squares, strips, and areas across the road. 

Now I've not consulted the Highway Code for over 50 years, but I've kept up with the plethora of staggered white lines and double yellows etc. I imagine it's yet even more of the taxpayers hard earned cash being thrown at the cycling fraternity yet again, by the reckless City Council.

Don't they realise that nobody around here uses the bleddy cycle lanes. They're all on the sodding pavement !

• Like 1

On a positive note though, at the junction of Hucknall Rd and Bestwood Rd, there's a replica semaphore railway signal, denoting the fact that the old embankment which carried the railway to Bestwood Village, the Steel Works, and beyond to Annesley is still in situ. 

Likewise, at the junction of Hucknall Rd and the road to Rise Park, there is a piece of track, and a replica colliery trolley doubling up as a bench.

Then again on Hucknall Rd, immediately north of the City Hospital, there is another replica signal denoting the position of Leen Valley Junction, and the line from Daybrook, which has now been almost completely built upon.

It's vitality important that the younger generations don't forget the heritage of the area, especially the importance of the railway, iron and steel works, and all the other long gone industries of the Leen Valley.

I can't post pictures, so if any kind soul in the area could oblige by snapping said items and post on here, I'd be most appreciative.

19 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

I've driven down Hucknall Rd a lot recently, from Kersall Drive to Bestwood Road. There's a glut of lime green sections on the road surface. Rectangles, squares, strips, and areas across the road. 

Now I've not consulted the Highway Code for over 50 years, but I've kept up with the plethora of staggered white lines and double yellows etc. I imagine it's yet even more of the taxpayers hard earned cash being thrown at the cycling fraternity yet again, by the reckless City Council.

Don't they realise that nobody around here uses the bleddy cycle lanes. They're all on the sodding pavement !

Actually, in that area, they're all on the bleddy footpath that useter be the railway line from Daybrook round to Bestwood Colliery.  They are all so polite as they incessantly "Ding Ding ...excuse me" , expecting walkers to step aside for them.  It never occurs to the boggers to pedal into the 'rough', or even maybe stop, to allow walkers to pass them!!

• Like 1

Exactly Col, in fact I was very nearly mown down by some helmetless ar5ehole careering along on a home made bodge up of a motorbike when I was walking to Andover Rd chippy last week. 

Piano wire between the trees sprung to mind......... Sorry snowflakes, only joking !

• Like 3
On 7/15/2018 at 11:08 AM, catfan said:

Well bogger me.

But Lloyds still promote homosexuality " He said Yes" advert.

Double standards.

Promotion?  Or recognition of reality?

Re the Islamic Bank Account.. I wouldn't know about that.. but for balance.. Religious objection to the taking of interest has a long history in Christianity too. I recall presenting a Seminar Paper on this topic in Uni first year.  As I recall ( and it was 30+ years ago) .. Under 'Canon Law', it was forbidden to profit from lending. ( Usury) This was later eased under two principles 'Damnum Emergens' and 'Lucrum Cessans'.  From hazy memory, one allowed the taking of interest to prevent a loss and the other to compensate for not being able to profit from investing the loaned money elsewhere.  Basically religious piety having to 'bend' in the face of economic reality.

Damnum Emergens and Lucrum Cessans seem to still be major principles in secular law around the World, though their definitions are much more complex now.