Hi Angel,

Where in the Meadows did you guys live & did your parents own a shop??

• 8 years later...

The daykin triplets where in my class at trent bridge i think they transferred from another school saw jennifer at areunion many years ago would love to hear from them anybody know them out there.

• 3 months later...

I cant beieve it is 45yrs since we were at tbs, memories of all school friends ,some no longer with us but all will remain in our memories,, I remember discussing as teenagers how our lives might turn out , one particular freind had such plans for his future unfortunately he died of a brain tumour aged just 21 RIP,Melvyn Langsdale a schhol friend of mine,and a class mate to me and the Daykin triplets.RIP to all who are no longer with us.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps one of our historians on Nottstalgia could assist me with this one BUT.........I question the statement in the media articles at #7 that the Daykin triplets were the city's first surviving triplets.

I went to school at ROT Infants School with the Towers triplets, Roger, Noel and Ian. They lived over Harlequin way and would have been born in 1946.

They were not identical triplets although Noel and Ian were very similar in appearance, Roger was red-headed and was the odd one out.

All three passed their 11Plus and Ian and I went to BHGS until we moved on to ACHS. Roger and Noel both went to Bramcote Hills Technical School.

OR...Am I reading the articles wrong and it was the City Hospital claiming the first set of triplets??????

In those days, 60 years ago and before IVF, triplets were few and far between. My sons were at school with IDENTICAL boy triplets. Made life difficult for the teachers I'm sure but they were all good sportsmen so they confused the opposition which was beneficial to the school when they were all picked for the same team!

My dad was at school with triplet girls, they lived on Cheltenham St, must have been born around 1914. They had arrived about a year or so behind a set of twins. Imagine the work of the mother, cloth nappies, no washing machine, trying to dry that lot on rainy days.