So I thought it time to start one !!

:glare::angry2:

Bazzer was kind enough to send me a copy of the 'Cornish Guardian' with all the local houses up for sale in it, I get a card through my door telling me there was insufficient postage on it .!!! Baz had put a 1st class large postage on it, I had another £2.63 to pay!!!

I am certainly not having a pop at Bazzer for his kindness, I am having a pop at the post office for their new rediculous charges!! . I mean £2.63p on top of what Bazzer had paid, for an 85p newspaper , bloody ridiculous!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,christ mate,,,, i'm so sorry,,,, I purposely put a Large 1st class, as it went in that envelope.

The GPO used to have a cheap rate (maybe even free) for sending newspapers. You couldn't wrap it up, or put it in an envelope,,,, you had to put a paper band & selotape (other brands are available) around it, I s'pose so that they could see it was a paper.

I telephoned my P.O specifically to ask about this, but she didn't know what I was talking about. She said "the best thing is to pop it in a big enough envelope & post it like ow't else".

sorry Ian,,,, wasn't tryin' to be a cheapskate,,,,,, as it was voluntary, I'd have preferred to put twice as much on it instead of too little,,,,,, s'pose it'll cost me a pint on ya next visit ?!

Baz

As I said mate, I'm not having a go at you , honest,!!

I found out, by the way, that the postage was only 18p short , the other £2.50p was ' Administration costs' Rip off b45t4rd5!!

yep,,, they do take the pi$$ now,,,

I recently bought a used watch, in a private deal, from a guy in the states.

Before I could get it, I had to pay this $hit8ag government VAT on my private purchase,,,, ON TOP OF THAT I HAD TO PAY ROYAL MAIL £8 for the privelege of me driving to them to pick up the watch & give them more money !

I don't care what the do-gooders out there think, this is a total micky take.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope the paper something interesting,,,,,,,,

• 3 months later...

I got informed by my postie on Saturday, that next year, their hours are going to be 8.00am to 5.00pm, with no overtime, as apposed to now 4.00am till they finish, it takes them at least 3 hours to 'sort' their rounds out, then the rest of their shift to deliver. So mateyboy postman isn't now going to hit the streets till 11.00 am at the earliest!!!, and (As mentioned elsewhere) my post doesn't get here till after 2.00pm now , does that mean I won't ever get any post, as he will have knocked off at 5.00pm ??????????????

I'm sure I read somewhere they were considering raising the price of a first class letter to a £1; as for taking on a bunch of strike breakers - I don't think that will create an atmosphere of compromise.

Our sorting offices close at 1:00p.m. My post arrives between 12:00 & 2:00.

If they have a package for me/us & I'm not in, I get a card pushed through the door saying "leave it at least an hour before you call the office or call in for your package".

To those of you that can do sums,,,, if I get the card after 12 noon, I/we have no way of getting said package.

Sometimes, posties don't actually bring a package, merely say that they tried to deliver it, but couldn't !!! Idleness is one thing,,,, but lying is a complete no-no.

If the business is too big for them to handle, they should either expand/contract out, or allow other companies to tender for the work.

They moan about losing money (?!?!) but hasn't their business gone up astronomically since E-Bay (other brands are available ?!) etc.

I do remember back in about 1994/5 , whilst I was working for Business post, that there was a rule that no one could deliver a consignment for less than £1.00 Zab. Then legislation came out anouncing a review of this policy and allowing other companies to tender for mail deliveries (Like Business post) I don't know what happened but nothing came of it. The one positive that happened was the value of our shares went through the roof (Around £1.50 to over £5.00 in a little over a week . ) Paid for my holiday to Ibiza that did !! via that I decided to work there, and the rest , as they say, is history !!

I'm sure I read somewhere they were considering raising the price of a first class letter to a £1; as for taking on a bunch of strike breakers - I don't think that will create an atmosphere of compromise.

I wouldn't worry Zab, the Royal Mail on line, and only, system of recruitment is beyond belief, it's totally useless, I don't know how they are going to manage to employ 30,000 people when their job advertising system is so crap, I've been on their so called e-mail contact list for a year and have heard nowt about it. I've been looking into it and can't make head or tail of what you are supposed to do, at the moment it's hard to find but indirectly and vaguely advertised as Xmas recruitment, then it all goes back into the loop again. I've managed to track down a phone number, but I would imagine that you have more chance of talking to someone at the North Pole than getting any sense out of them.