Michael Jackson dead

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say this Beefy but at least a few kids will be able to sleep in peace now, but also lets remember that 3 children have lost their Father.

I actually typed it with my tongue in my cheek .

I don't want to start any arguments but I doubt his kids saw that much of him any way , what with those masks he used to make them wear all the time !!

" His face will live on forever... it's non-biodegradable..."

Yuri Geller's loving it...spouting on about how HE was his best mate and all HE had done for him over the years.Typical Geller...loves to be in the limelight,spoon bending prat.

Just heard this on the radio this morning, now I guess we're gonna be listening to MJ songs for the next couple of weeks... Time to put some CDs in the car I think.

Thankfully apart from video's I don't think he made any real films? (I might be wrong) otherwise we'd be bombarded with those? I expect winker brown will be announcing a minutes silence or something in the commons? I see farrah fawcett has also died, thought she looked lovely in cannonball run

Yeah, nothing much was made of Farrah Fawcetts death which is a shame. I liked her as an actress, and I would've loved to have hair like hers

Blimey, I expected to come on here and get a roasting for my cynicism, but I've been beaten to it. Maybe I will, I've already had an argument with an adoring fan in Sainsburies, though it seemed to be shoppers, sales staff and Firbeck 10, blinded fan 1.

My missus made a good comment last night, Are we mourning the death of a pop idol here or should we be happy in the knowledge that a peadophile won't be taking advantage of kids anymore.

Jackson was the product of the happy smiley family groups developed in the States in the 70's, it started with the contrived Partridge family and produced the Jacksons and the talentless toothy Osmans. He was manipulated by his father and it's no wonder that he developed into a freak.

I'm not denying that Jackson had an amazing talent, his three peak albums, Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad had moments of genius, but how much of that was down to Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton, Stevie Wonder and even Paul MaCartney, rather than Jackson himself.

I'll not forget what he did to his 'best pal' MaCartney, sneaked behind his back and bought up the rights to the Beatles back catalogue.

I have to say that about 20 years ago, I was at an award ceremony at Wembley Conference centre and Jackson was playing live a couple of hundred yards away in Wembley Stadium. To do a bit of name dropping here, ahem, David Jacobs and I kept wandering onto the balcony to listen to what was happening and quite frankly, he sounded sensational, but the gits wouldn't let us in, not even his nibs.

I agree, all the so called friends like that dickhead Geller are coming out of the woodwork and gushing forth with crap, the only person that has spoken any sense is my old pal Paul Gambuccini, but it's all getting out of control here, they're trying to make out it's going to cast a giant shadow over Gastonbury, maybe it will due to media pressure. Is our mate Jarvis Cocker appearing, lets hope so, he'll put everyone straight.

Just be happy in the knowledge that his so called children, not his I've heard, will be safe and will perhaps have normal lives, instead of having to wear netting in public and be hung over balconies.

As Gambo says, we'll probably never hear the truth about this wierd man, just hear speculation about his activities, but lets face it, he was a part of our music culture and for better or worse, we have to show a bit of respect for his achievements.

But in view of what he may have done, I will not say RIP.

Tho I have to admit my heart sank last night when I heard someone say that "MJ" had died....I thought Peter Parkers ( Spiderman ) wife had died.....Can you imagine my relief

:wacko:

It don't seem that long ago when most folk wanted to string him up for being a kiddy fiddler,

never rated him/it, never will

Rog

So, lets put this into perspective then, despite what wer'e having to suffer on the media, the great, good and generally knowledgeable Forumites are delivering Nil Pointes to MJ, somebody on here that isn't an abused child must love him, can we have your thoughts.

I bet those sh@thouses in Iran are loving this, it's bound to be top of the agenda at the anti Iranian summit, and unfortunately divert world opinion away from the reality of important current events, I bet Obama insists on a minutes silence, after all Jackson was black once, before he changed his mind, and pretended otherwise.

Oy Firbeck , whilst I don't mind you slagging off a kiddy fiddler I wish you'd get your facts straight.!!

The Osmonds started in 1958!! becoming famous on the Andy Williams show from 1962-69!!

The Jacksons started in 1964, being signed to Motown in 1968!!

The Partridge family were formed for the T.V. in 1970 having their first hit in 1971 with "I think I love you"

So come on son it don't take two seconds to check the facts !!!

Never been a jackson fan (although MJ did have some talent during his earlier years) Firbeck.... I cannot abide Paul Macartney..... so glad MJ bought song writes. Paul Macartney in my opinion cannot sing - end of.... I mean, come on.... the frog song!!!

Getting back to MJ, today I was in a clothes shop in a mall and guess what - a MJ song! Wonder whatever will happen to his 'kids'?

Wonder whatever will happen to his 'kids'?

They'll probably get melted back down !!

apart from the zombie video, which no doubt set up by others? not interested in anything michael jackson did, in my opinion highly overated and played to an audience who didn't know any better, McCartney can sing in key but nothing special however his bass playing and chord/song arranging very good and whilst some might say not difficult he was the best drummer in the beatles