I came in from outside to investigate the weird noise coming out of the telly.Wimbledon was on by mistake...I'm not the slightest bit interested in it, but blimey no wonder it's mentioned in the papers.

This foreign sort was on squawking every time she took a shot.Not an "Uuuuuugh!" it was "Awooooooooooooh"....sounded like a cross between her best orgasm and having a splinter in her vibrator...I've never heard such a stupid row coming out of a sportswomans mouth.

Now as I've said it doesn't mean a damn thing to me, but.....What is wrong with this country and those in charge of it's institutions??

There's no way a top level sporting occassion should put up with this racket...they didn't used to...so why now?

I wonder what the reaction would be if snooker players did it after each shot?

"And Steve Davies is taking on this difficult blue in the top pocket..."

"Arrrrrrghooooahrrrrrrgh"

"I think Steve had a bad contact there"

How the nobs can buy tickets to listen to that crap I don't know...I'd finish up chucking my strawberries at her....silly cow.

• Upvote 1
  • 6 years later...

It's that Maria Sharapova......... She is gorgeous though!!!!!!

I'm sure I'd cope.LOL. And if I can't, well who cares LOL

Takes some (cat) guts to make a racket like that....

• Upvote 2

Not an "Uuuuuugh!" it was "Awooooooooooooh"....sounded like a cross between her best orgasm and having a splinter in her vibrator...#1

poohbear, I'm still marvelling at your descriptive ability...well done bowdown

All these complaints about the womens tennis are a puzzle to me ( I haven't seen any) Did any of the complainants get bothered by the Beach Volley Ball girls in the Olympics? Let us know. Went into The Lamb last night and both bars were empty, asked the landlady where everyone was, (most customers there are men of course) "Oh well they were all in earlier watching the ladies tennis, all gone home now" So I had two Pedigrees and left her watching the boxing. Perhaps the complaints are really about the advance in Tech and Broadcasting, the producers like us to hear the players slurp their Lucozade and argue with the umpire, and watch Prima Donna centre forwards spitting.

I jest about tennis, but I do not see it as a very skilful game. Athletic yes, in fact one of the most athletic activities there is. It puzzles me when a player produces an ace when serving, that this is considered by the spectators as something marvellous. With technology giving players racquets that increase the speed of the serve to over 140 mph, it is little wonder that the opposition cannot always cope with this advantage. The crowd always applaud an ace, but pretty soon aces will become so common, the way things are going, that virtually all points will be earned by them. Will the game be such an enjoyable spectacle then?

A good walk ruined !!!