Anyone drink in Wetherspoons?

Being a member of CAMRA, I've been sent some 50p off vouchers against a 'Real Ale' drink in either Wetherspoons or Lloyds Bar.

As it's not a place I frequent, the vouchers are yours if you want them.

There's 10 available for the period 1 July 09 - 30 Sep 09

10 available for the period 1 Oct 09 - 4 Dec 09

10 available for the period 3 Jan 10 - 31 mar 10

Regular posting members only - just PM me your address. I'll split them between those that ask.

Can't be fairer.

I thought that CAMRA detested Greene King, which is really what Wetherspoons are all about, I'm sure that Bip will be making you an offer, he has all his girlfriends to think about.

Good offer at the moment, buy a bottle of Badger Beer at Sainsburies or Badger Fursty Ferret at Tescos and theres a competition collar round the neck. As these excellent beers are 40p a bottle cheaper than any of Greene Kings bottles of contrived p@ss, its well worth it. The best bit, is download the competition on your computer and win or lose, you get 50p off your next purchase, so you can keep on going buying a really nice beer for only 89p a bottle, good old Hall and Woodhouse.

I'm sure GK will come up with their own campaign to rival it, but I wouldn't drink their cr@p if it was free.

There's an old saying, "there's no such thing as BAD beer, only better beer.

I know how much I rant and rave about the evil Greene King empire, but perhaps this news item from BBC East last night will make you understand why. Note how understanding they were to allow a Wetherspoons to open near one of their struggling pubs where they can sell GK IPA for 99p, ie cheaper than the poor landlord can buy it from the rip off brewery:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8130975.stm

So, with the dismal response, I take it that no one is up for a few free beer tokens??

Looks like they'll end up in the bin then.

Sorry Mick.......no J2O tokens, I'm afraid