UPGRADE TO VER.3.0 SOFTWARE

Update completed, apart from changing the logo/skin.

Forums should work as normal.

Report any bugs here.

Time for bed!

Known problem

CALENDAR - [#1040] You do not have permission to view this calendar or this calendar does not exist.

I think thats the view new content with the orange square... but at the moment its finding all the posts as new :)

wheres me "view new postings" thingy?

Go to the bottom of the forums page and click the 'Today's Active Content' link

errr....i dont see a 'view todays content ' ??

Ok found it....sheesh thas weird........

There doesnt seem to be a way of going to the last page of a thread...until you go to the thread first........oooo this is odd....just tried to add a smilie....oh dear...

Profile wont show yer pic either...does when you post tho

mmmmm,

I much prefer the View New Postings and My Postings buttons to be at the top of every page.

Where ever you are, you can just click it for an update, rather than go back to the beginning etc.

Am I alone in this ?

Baz

Also no "TOP" button at the bottom of the post or page!

EDIT: Found it - but at the VERY bottom and small type. I suppose I'll get used to it! ;)

Is it just me but it takes ages to load pages it didn't on the older version but apart from that its no good go back to the previous model...................lol

Bip. :Vampire:

Bip

Your diary dissapeared, I did find it after a bit of effort, but it would appear that we can't reply to it anymore, shame that, I was going to suggest that you and your new girlfriend get rid of your pet rabbits pretty quickly.

Is this the only thread we can talk on Mick.

I have spent a couple of hours tonight mainly trying to find the Member profile photo icons

which do not appear to have been transferred in the upgrade?

IPB support notified to advise which directory they will be in in the backup of 2.3 (good plan that)

I can then ftp them into the new directory.

IPBsup fixed the calendar which is a known bug to them that they are working on.

Also when viewing new topics, there is no link to last post. IPBsup informed.

IPB3 is Ver.3.0.0 which means there will be updates to come, as bugs are found.

Members are finding that many things are in different places.

If you are struggling to find things, think yourself lucky you not an Admin.

The Admin CP has totally changed!

Several issues are appearing....

If I log on using the office computer, early in the morning, I can click on the 'Active topics' thingy and read the latest posts...apparently.

When I log on later the same day using the home computer, the 'Active Topics' are still the same and I have to read them again. The same thing happens if I log on using the laptop. Seems like the software sees an IP address and not a member.

Previously, when you had read certain new posts, you could click on 'refresh' and it would mark the posts you had read, leaving any unread posts, and any new posts highlighted to read. This facility seems to have disappeared.

Maybe I just need to spend more time looking around the latest version of Nottstalgia, but my thoughts are....if it's not broke, don't fix it.

The speed of the forum now is quite outstanding and a welcome change.