11=Young Roo

12=Old name for a sheep

13=Breed of sheep dog

14=Mosquito

15=Kangeroo

16=Can only think of a Saltine Cracker!

1 Ants or Gnats

2 Bitzer is what you poms would call a Heinz 57 variety of dog

4 The only bluey I am ware of is a bluey work jacket or it could be a shark?

10 Is either a fresh water Alligator or a fresh stubby of beer?

16 Is a saltwater crocodile

ANSWERS.

1 Bities : biting insects

2 Bitzer : mongrel dog

3 Blowie : blow fly

4 Bluey : blue working cattle dog

5 Boomer : large male kangaroo

6 Brumby : wild horse

7 Bunyip : mythical outback creature

8 Chook : chicken

9 Dunny Budgie : blowfly

10 Freshie : freshwater crocodile

11 Joey : baby kangaroo

12 Jumbuck : sheep

13 Kelpie : Australian sheepdog originally bred from Scottish collie

14 Mozzie : mosquito

15 Roo : kangaroo

16 Saltie : saltwater crocodile

:D Nice one Caz & Ayupmeducks, only one you slipped up on was number 4, but apart from that well done. To call number 7 a cartoon animal was a bit naughty but i will let you have that..... PS stop watching kids programs....

post-34-1111059715_thumb.jpg

"Swagmen" also had a "bluey" in the form of a blanket wrapped around their possessions and slung off a stick which they carried on their shoulders. Yep a bluey was also a jacket similar to the pommie "Donkey" jacket too..

The cartoon charactor I referred to Dennis was one used in a building society advert of the 70's and 80's in NSW when I lived there mate.. Caz might recall that one :blink:

"Swagmen" also had a "bluey" in the form of a blanket wrapped around their possessions and slung off a stick which they carried on their shoulders. Yep a bluey was also a jacket similar to the pommie "Donkey" jacket too..

The cartoon charactor I referred to Dennis was one used in a building society advert of the 70's and 80's in NSW when I lived there mate.. Caz might recall that one :blink:

Sounds like 100% to me BIP what do you think Ayup??

:o Sorry Scoots but i'm not the Moderator on Nottstalgia General Chat - Nottingham ex pats, Caz is. If i was, it would have been changed..

:o My reason for changing Pissed to P@ssed is that Pissed is not a word..the same aplies to Shithouse, it's not a word.. Sh@thouse...Toilet

P@ssed...one too many..

:D I bet i will get in trouble now..... ;)

:o Sorry Scoots but i'm not the Moderater on Nottstalgia General Chat - Nottingham ex pats, Caz is. If i was, it would have been changed..

:o My reason for changing Pissed to P@ssed is that Pissed is not a word..the same aplies to Shithouse, it's not a word.. Sh@thouse...Toilet

P@ssed...one too many..

:D I bet i will get in trouble now..... ;)

Ok boys happy now?? :rolleyes:

BIP There was a mistake with your questions,.

On your 1st post, question #9 said dunny? on your next post in reply to Ayup's answer's you had question #9 dunny budgie??

Just trying to trick us hey or was it a mistake??

And before you all say anything I know this isn't a budgie but it's close : :unsure:

post-34-1111213787_thumb.gif

I'd already banned young Divinia from reading any more posts, and I myself had taken to covering my ears should any profanities reach my brain lobes.. I was about to recommend a dose of wondascrubâ„¢, but thank goodness, this whole fiasco has now been sorted!

Hello Daph,

Sorry we upset you & your daughter Divinia,we Ozzies are very broad minded you know,unlike the English who like to snigger at rude words behind doors!!

Here in my little piece of heaven there was a TV programme on just recently at lunchtime & would you believe they used the F word!!! true I do not lie :rolleyes:

Please do me a favor if you ever decide to visit Australia bring with you ear plugs & carbolic soap,as using swear words infused with our usual mutterings is a common occurence over here & not for the faint hearted :blink:

It also occurred to me Daph I don't think we have had a photo from you on this site so come on dust off the cobwebs & give us a look gel!!

post-34-1111375694_thumb.png

Dear Daph my heart goes out to you :wub:

What a sheltered life you must have lead? Come to Oz & Ill show you how the other half live's, it will make your toes curl :P I'll keep my eyes open for a big macho sheep shearer, someone who can teach you how to cuss [just so you are able to communicate with us] & he will also know how to treat 2 gentile ladies such as yourselves[seeing as he has to deal with small fluffy creatures all day :( ]

I have been trying to use my imagination as to what you girlies look like behind your head wear [and you know how difficult that is for us Antipideans don't you?] & this is what I came up with.I think you need to get out in the sun a little just to give yourselves a bit of color.

Rgds

Caz

post-34-1111462519_thumb.gif

All good fun Angi. Hey come to think of it you haventt posted a pic either come on Angi get em out.....................I meant the photos silly!!

Believe me Caz i've tried to post pics but the comp wont have it. Cant even get an avatar up either. I know i'm not that savvy but other peeps have tried + they cant either.I will keep trying so you never know!!

As to looks- something close to your attatchment,only worse. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

:D Hello Vanessa nice to hear from you. I see you have found this web site that i told you about in my last email. Anyway enjoy yourself....By the way keep playing with the smilies you will soon get the hang of it..

Dennis...

post-34-1113124714_thumb.png

New Pommie Aussie here:

What happened to the " Aussie Sheila" it never got a mention on the Aussie slang :)

Or the good old Aussie Stubbie!!!! (which could be one of 2 things)!!! <_<

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa

Don't think the sheila bit is still used is it?? not very much anyway thank god.

We still call beer in bottles stubbies,but only the guys, we ladies drink out of glasses don't we :D

I used to work dahn pit, just west of Lithgow in NSW and the blokes alus called the birds Sheilas!!

Amongst other names :blink::blink: