Just watched 2 minutes of the Jackson thing...Don't the yanks love it.All his family on the front row ...all wearing dark glasses...looks like a Mafia funeral.All this fuss over a singer...ridiculous.

Now we all know this "Show respect for the bereaved" stuff....But oh dear what a load of B******* What is it with the 'Celebs' that they have to wear dark glasses?...I literally roared with laughter when a group of them gathered together for a group hug.One guy had a massive white handkerchief that he sobbed into and held to his face OVER THE TOP OF HIS GLASSES. A bit like blowing your nose while wearing a gasmask...or wiping your backside while wearing a wetsuit blink.gif

Now this lot's over maybe the media can get back to dead soldiers and thieving politicians.

I thought that his mother apparently religous wanted a dignified ceremony not a pantomime!

Have you seen how 'AMERICAN RELIGION' is....the whole thing is a circus now.

So we've been taking the p#ss out of Jackson, but admit to watching this macabre ceremony, which it truly was, lets admit, it was unmissable. Lets stuff a golden coffin in front of the performers to enhance the ritual, how bizzare, incidentally, he was unlikely to repeat his Thriller performance as I gather that his brain had been removed for further tests.

What an outpouring of grief by a black community for a wierdo peadophile who had turned his back on them and wanted to be white.

His so called kids, white, and pouring out their feelings for a father that slept with their friends and possibly them.

We noted that Simon Cowell had managed to benefit from this by obviously persuading them

to get that little Welsh kid from 'Britains got Talent' to perform, how manipulative is that considering the amount of 'true friends' that no doubt wanted to come out of the woodwork and give themselves some publicity.

Geller, where were you, I was looking forward to a bit of spoon bending, you were his best friend after all, you let us all down.

Gerry Anderson was good with puppets, a few strings on his corpse and he could fulfill his concert obligations before being chucked in a landfill site and give us an end to all this cr#p, sorry, he was the best entertainer the world has ever seen, errrm, I think I can think of a few other more worthy titles to that, despite his misdemeanours, I don't think that Sinatra slept with kids, wer'e looking at an overblown 'legend' here, can we give it all a rest please. Just bury the peadophile somewhere and lets be done with it.

I should add that the only bits I saw were included in the news...no way did I sit and watch this stuff.The same with Di's Do years ago ...you couldn't really avoid it.The only funeral I would sit and watch would be one of my own family members.

The media love it but it just leaves me cold.I love it when they tell me what I'm supposed to be thinking...such as one guy saying..."The whole world will miss you Michael"....I won't. Or years ago being informed by a TV presenter that the Queen Mother was Britains favourite Grandma...No she wasn't, my favourite Grandma was mine...not somebody elses.

Poohbear

Lets not forget that the memorial service was put out live to a Billion viewers, the world was obviously full of shock and awe, I bet the Taliban suspended their operations yesterday so they could watch it.

Please don't knock the Queen mother, she was a lovely woman, she couldn't help being an over privelidged, rich, lazy, useless old bag that lived the life of Riley for nearly 60 years at the tax payers expense, it just happened to come with the job.

I suppose some of his parts could be recycled and made into plastic models of the Vulcan, just dumping the body in a landfill site could cause problems as some plastics are classed as special waste and would require the usual waste transfere notes and only being allowed to use special waste carriers they would also require a waste carriers licence

Rog

I actually thought it was a stainless steele coffin (Well they never could tarnish his reputation nomatter how hard they tried !!)

And I ,truthfully !!, was expecting him to come jumping up out of the box to the opening bars of "Thriller" shouting "April Fool you fu**ers"

I bet there are lots of farmers in Lincolnshire who would pay good money to have him skewered onto an upright pole in the middle of their fields to scare away the blackbirds ......aka Wurzel Gummidge...... :ninja: