Does anyone out there know of a good tradesman who can repair leaking guttering at a reasonable price - hate being ripped off!. During the recent storms the weather has highlighted a definate weakness in my guttering, The path underneath is wetter than usual!!!! Any info would be appreciated, by the way I'm at Ruddington, so someone within reasonable travelling of that area.

What sort of guttering is it, UPVC, cast-iron, aluminium, profiled, half round, rectangular, 100mm, 150mm.

Is it on a house, ie: above the first floor windows, or a bungalow.

Have you got or could borrow a ladder.

I'm asking this because it could be a dead easy job to fix it yourself without paying large amounts of money to a builder, it might be a sprung joint, a lack of fall, a twist in the gutter or a blocked down pipe, probably something pretty easy to sort out, have another look and let me know.

Hi Firbeck

It's definately a leak, I can see the hole. Cast Iron guttering on a mid terrace 2 up 2 down. Yep I do have a ladder, but lack the confidence to have a go myself, getting a bit old to climb up and down ladders I'm afraid.

Get off, you'll be alright, besides if you fall off you'll meet Elvis, trouble is you might find Michael Jackson locked outside the Pearly Gates, no, forget it.

Have you got any kids who'll volunteer, if you get a builder in there will be much head scratching, sucking of teeth and they'll reccommend it all needs replacing in plastic. Probably needs a bit of raking out and sealed with a bit of car filler. I'm probably coming up to Nottingham shortly to see me mum, where do you live, Ruddo, I'm due for a visit to the railway centre, I'll sort it for a bottle of vino and a cup of tea, where's the nearest DIY place to you, Wilford?

Thanks Firbeck. Went onto a site called 'Rated people' who are a go between for tradespeople and those who may need their expertise. They have recommended a plumber who comes from Clifton, about two miles away. I'll give him a go but will bear in mind the possibility of builders over inflating the job. Thanks for the offer Firbeck, much obliged.