Sven Goran Eriksson: Degerfors to Notts County via Lazio, Benfica and England

Should Sven Goran Eriksson become director of football at League Two Notts County it will be the latest, unlikely, twist on a long and winding career path that has taken in Benfica, Lazio, Sampdoria, Manchester City and England.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shades of Tommy Lawton joining the 'Pies after The War. I know who I'd rather have signing the on the dotted line down at Meadow Lane. What price now for a centre forward of Lawton's pedigree and goal scoring abilty. £50 million? £100 million?

• 4 months later...

Not heard anything hear Nick , i've checked a couple of sites, but it wouldn't suprise me though. !!!!!!!!!!! the money launderers may have been caught out !!

RIP N.C.F.C. The dream was there for a while !!!

Yup it's begining to look like we've all been 'had' , ah well , the best groung in none league football !!!

As ever in all of the major sports it is the actions, or inaction, of the national administrators that compromises both club and supporter...

Why hasn't the FL the guts to say "No, we consider the County financial structure to be unsatisfactory...right and proper person approval denied!", instead of blatant fence sitting? Denial will give the club time to restructure, before the seemingly inevitable future penalties are imposed.

Occurs to me that the dodgy set-up is typified by Executive Chairman, Peter Trembling.

His TV "cliche" interviews are genuine flesh creep material...

Nevertheless, pleasing to see both clubs occupying their respective play-off lead positions simultaneously...

Many yonks since that happened!

Cheers

Robt P.

Notts County said this morning that its executive chairman, Peter Trembling, is mounting a management buyout of the club. It was reported earlier this morning that County's owners, Munto Finance, have put the club up for sale and the club is saying that Trembling is favourite to take over.

Who would you suggest have better grounds in the lower leagues then Rob, I can't think of any team personally, I always thought that the re-vamped Meadow Lane was very well designed and subsequently very atmospheric.

Having seen that programme, 'Inside Out' the other night, I would like to think that Sven is sincere and would put his money where his mouth is, I thought it astonishing that he turned down the chance of managing his own countries team in order to stay at Notts, but at that time, he was probably promised greater financial rewards by the 'Junta' in order to keep him at County.

I'd be interested to know where the money is coming from to pay the players wages, I bet that they are on a better deal than the other Div 2 players. Lets also not forget that the County crowd attendance figures aren't exactly earth shattering, Forest get 20 thou plus each home match and that will rise as they get more succesful, County, far less than 10 thou despite all the hype.

I wonder what will happen next, don't be so despondant Beefsteak, Charlie will return and have them in the Premiership within 3 years, you'll see.

As soon as somebody from the last consoetium realises that we've been had , then the 5h1t will hit the fan!!!

We, the supporters, bought the club, then get given this bullshit that there will be millions invested in the club, so we give it to them for a quid, no real debts to speak of save £200,000 to the taxman. Now Munto finance are going to sell their "investment" for a few million, they must be laughing all the way to their (None existant) bank.

I see your point, but it was a bit like owning a car that needs fixing and you've no money? not even that really as at least you could have got SORN on the car! As it is now Munto (we assume) has cleared winding up orders etc and whilst the promised millions might not be there the fact theres some deal going on should mean we're better off than last season? And if Munto sell it for a few million then it means someone is willing to pay that?

I hope that's the case , I just wouldn't feel so p1553d off if they were to offer me my £100 investment back!!! They got the club for 100 times less than I invested, and stand to make up to 100,000 times more!!!!!

it's a bit like when they sell off stately houses etc for £1, (think the old Wollaton Hall Gate House went this way?) would be interesting to see the accounts since they took over? was it a majority vote of all the members or did a commitee decide?

"It has also emerged that another group, believed to consist of a number of Pakistani businessmen, are interested in the club. Should they, or any consortium other than Trembling's, take control of the club, Eriksson would walk away"

Perhaps most intriguing is that Eriksson remains committed to the project at County, even though it now appears finances will not be sufficient to fund their ambitious 'five-year plan'.

Qadbak, the company which owns County through the investment vehicle Munto Finance, is now publicly open to offers. Its change of stance came after it became clear that it does not possess the financial clout it claimed to have when taking control in June. As things have unravelled, they claim to have 'lost interest'.

Offer them 2 Quid beefy!slywink.gif

"It has also emerged that another group, believed to consist of a number of Pakistani businessmen, are interested in the club.

I've just heard that it's Sam from the Balti House on Heathcoat Street that's buying Notts Clownty - keep it local that's what i say.