• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were given the choice of accepting or refusing the offer from munter(sic) finance and were 'Strongly reccommended to accept'. In the end it was something like a 98% take up of the offer. (Or to put it another way, 98% of us fell for it!!) I'd love to get my hands on the b45t4rd5!!!

No doubt this will run for a while, it's interesting to read some of the fans comments on Notts County Mad.

How was the club financed during the rise from the depths in the 70's, was this solely on cash raised by Jack Dunnett from Parliamentary expences, though many of the class players, Masson in particular, were obtained on free transfers and the core of the team, Needham, Stubbs and Les Bradd were already there.

Just out of interest, how did you get interested in County, Ian, can you remember the first match that you went to, you must have been quite young when Jimmy Sirrell started the first climb up the league.

I've said before, my father and uncle were always fanatical Notts fans and were always going on about Tommy Lawton, I think I started supporting Forest as an act of rebellion, but I used to go and see Notts with dad, I can picture him now, standing stoically on the Kop in a cloud of pipe smoke, nearly chewing the end off in frustration, head in hands at the final whistle and using descriptive language that he'd clearly learnt in the army.

Another consortium? good! esp if islamic, imagine the crowds we'd get if they all took to it, bit likes Tottenham and the jews

Looks likev exiting times ahead at the county ground. Might even pay a visit mesen.

Looks like 'The Cup' might come back to County too.

But which Cup?

Cheers Nick

Don't know whether it's a good or bad thing !!! Time will tell, but I think the dream has gone!!!

Nick

I removed the link in your post, as the coding linked to the article with your email address visible, in a box to add a reply.

Coded in the link was your login script.

Well I think it's time for a NEW MANAGER, beaten at home by a poorer less expensive team who are in a lower place. As I see it it's all over now, the season is finished, I can't see us winning the league? true there were chances but a home defeat really is the end. They really are a pathetic lot from the owners down but what can be done?

There is only one answer

It's time for Fergie to go!