• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has pledged his future to Notts County following the resignation of manager Hans Backe.

The Swedish coach quit his post over the weekend after just nine games in charge, citing 'broken promises' were behind his decision.

This has led to speculation that Eriksson could follow his compatriot through the Meadow Lane door, but the director of football has reassured fans he is staying and he wants to deliver "the goals that we have set."

Eriksson said in a statement on the club's official website: "Everyone at the club is disappointed that Hans has chosen to tender his resignation.

"This has come as a surprise to all of us in the context of recent results on the pitch and the completion of the management buy-out of the club by Peter Trembling.

"I am aware that Hans' decision has led to speculation about my own position here at Notts County.

"I wish to make it clear that I believe the management buy-out is a positive first step for the club and we look forward to confirming further investments for the future.

"I continue to enjoy my work at Notts County and together with Peter Trembling I hope to progress to the goals that we have set."

• 3 weeks later...

Which gets called off again , so we lose more money !!!!!

And to add insult to injury, should we beat Forest Green we get to play possibly the worst supported Premiership side, Wigan, in the next round.

Best thing about the FA cup draw was Frank Skinners genuine enthusiasm at taking part, I liked his comment afterwards, 'Do you realise we have just taken part in History here'.

Pity Notts, assuming they manage to overcome a frozen pitch, psychological havoc and a lower division team that they will have an historical problem in defeating, aren't drawn against Leeds away, I was praying for it.

You could have done a Gordon Ottershaw from 'Barnstoneworth', Beefsteak, gone around the town, cap in hand and found Les Bradd, Scan, Steve Carter and reformed the team to beat Leeds on their own ground, could have been a great moment in football.

Yeah, wishfull thinking, Leeds would have been without Bremner, Lorimer, Madeley......................

Despite being wary of the diabolical ITV studio presentation (with the honourable Warnock exception), tuned in to both FA Cup highlights programmes.

Enjoyed watching the games much more than the financially obscene Premiership.

At least we were spared - for once - the dreadful phrase Big Four...

Sorry to miss Frank doing the draw, which has moved on from the days that 93 year old FA Committee men used to drop the balls all over the floor.

Cheers

Robt P.

Despite being wary of the diabolical ITV studio presentation (with the honourable Warnock exception), tuned in to both FA Cup highlights programmes.

Sorry to miss Frank doing the draw, which has moved on from the days that 93 year old FA Committee men used to drop the balls all over the floor.

Cheers

Robt P.

Now the latter used to be good fun, as for the former, ITV presentation of any match is always diabolical, the bit that always has me screaming for blood is during internationals, we have the team presentations, National Anthems, then just as wer'e settling down for the match and absorbing all it's atmosphere, along comes that dickhead from 'Go Compare', if wer'e lucky, ITV manage to time it right for the kick off, usually only just, it's a disgrace, and please don't explain to me that adverts pay for all this, the over rich FA should insist that it doesn't happen, it's a total insult to the viewers and fans, screwing money out of the system up until the last possible moment.

'We'll take a break now', count how many times that happens during half time, it makes me puke.

Believe it or not , that's the reason it's called a 'commercial station'!!!!! they use 'commercials' to pay for their presentations !!!

Oh and the ref has an earpiece and gets told it's OK to blow the whistle to start the match !! he used to just get a signal from the touchline.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8440636.stm

On the plus side (If that were possible) we have Kasper on a 5 year contract (And he's saved 5 penalties in the last 5 games) So we could flog him for a tidy profit !!! (But just not in January)

Believe it or not , that's the reason it's called a 'commercial station'!!!!! they use 'commercials' to pay for their presentations !!!

Oh and the ref has an earpiece and gets told it's OK to blow the whistle to start the match !! he used to just get a signal from the touchline.

No need to try to talk down to me, I know what commercial television is all about. Clearly the earpiece didn't work when our great commercial benefactors took off the end of a match this year, stuck on their adverts and missed a vital goal in the last minute of the game, Oh dear, hands up, it was all a mistake.

It's called timing, it's something they clearly are'nt interested in any more, they have a new habit of sticking on adverts when a programme only has 5 minutes to run, it's more than pathetic, it's a disgrace. We were channel surfing on Freeview last night and came to the conclusion that it won't be long before the actual programmes are completely superceded by adverts, try it for yourself, run through Freeview and I bet you'll find that most of the time you will come across an advert rather than a programme. Thats life, we try to stick to BBC channels as much as possible, especially now that commercial TV have found that particularly annoying twat advertising Go Compare, they just love to wind people up don't they.

The thing is with all the comercial stations is that they go to a commercial break at the same time as each other for a number of reasons,

1. The programmes they buy have all got 'Inbuilt' break points so as not to, cough ,cough , upset the 'flow' of the story line

2. They all go to comercial breaks at the same time in an attempt to stop you changing channels , ie if you know all other channels are on a commercial break too , you are less likely to change away from their channel.

What does annoy me though is "Dave" , great channel in my opinion , showing lots of my favourite programmes , the problem beeing , they are bought from the BBC and then brodcast on a commercial channel thus bringing in the need for adverts, which is very annoying when they go for a break after they have just finished introducing the guests on "Never Mind The Buzzcaocks" etc , or cut pieces out of Top Gear so as to make it still fit into it's hour long slot

(Clear as mud)

Yes, did well at Burton though, it's a crazy situation, the only "profession" where you can totally cock things up, get the sack or "leave by mutual consent" and other "firms" clamour to employ you, take the ferguson at peterborough situation for example

I've hear that Peter Taylor (Former England under 21 manager , not Brians mate !!!) was in line for it