Well its the end of an era.

My eldest child finished his A levels earlier this summer, but the thing that made me think about age is when I went to my youngest childs school to pick her up for the last time. She's now finished the junior school and will be going to the local secondary school in September. Its the first time in about 15 years I havent had a child in the infant/junior school... where did the time go!

Don't worry - they will live at home as long as you let them (and feed them, do their laundry, let them use your car, etc.)

thumbsup

Thanks everyone for cheering me up. Fortunately, my eldest has ambitions to be an RAF pilot, and is eagerly waiting his results so he can go to their careers office... so thats one less to worry about. My twins are dyslexic, so no uni for them, that will save me a fortune :) The list above may only affect my daughter

Having a kid join the RAF, thats the end of your worries is it, no thank you, I'll stick to mine wasting his degree working in a Nottingham nightclub, at least he's in charge of his own destiny.

Firbeck , why do you always have to be so negative regarding other peoples ambitions ???

I do worry so much about what could happen when he joins up. But I know its what HE wants, and as such I shouldnt stand in his way.

Its a good career, and its meant that throughout his teens he's had something to strive for, and something to aim high for. Once he has done his duty, he'll have a great chance of becoming a pilot for the big commercial airline companies... (yey, cheap holidays )

possibly more concern? I know it's not world war 2 anymore, but over 70,000 mothers lost sons who flew with bomber command then

Quite pertinent..... we visited the American Cemetary in Normandy yesterday...

Over 9300 American soldiers burried there

DSC_0128-2.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0119-1.jpg

DSC_0123-1.jpg

Firbeck , why do you always have to be so negative regarding other peoples ambitions ???

Now come on Beefy, apparently only I am allowed to do that!

Jonesy,if your boy has the burning ambition to fly,and receive the finesr training available to fly give him every help. However the standards are way off the scale for fitness,IQ leadership,EQ etc. It is a fine career if he can stand the pace.