Where would you rather be?

What miserable weather, it's supposed to be Summer!

If you could be somewhere else today, where would it be?

I would like to be in Bavaria, The weather will not be much different but it really is lovely countryside, nice towns/villages not to mention a drink or two.

For sunshine I would go west to California.

I would like to be in Bavaria, The weather will not be much different but it really is lovely countryside, nice towns/villages not to mention a drink or two.

I totally agree, especially as it's 26C and sunny in Munich today, a glass or two of white beer sounds very tempting.

Actually, it's not too bad down here today, East Anglia seems to get away with it, I've just spent a very enjoyable morning working with the council and some volunteers pulling branches out the river down our nature reserve here, nice people, lots of dogs and kids and plenty of banter, it's quite warm as well and I've been up to the waist in the river, nice and clean and warm enough to swim in.

To be honest though, I think I'd sooner be sailing a yacht round the Aegean Sea and all those pleasant Greek Islands with a bottle of oozo stashed in the freezer.

Sitting in my boat off of Par in Cornwall, dangling my line in the sea (Not really trying to catch anything just having a beer and catching some rays). Looking at my kids playing on the sands with SWMBO whilst they are making sandcastles.

I think the divorce rate will be going up this year from the tight arses who have decided to holiday in the UK this year due to the Euro.

Bet the Spanish hotels are rubbing there hands together with glee waiting for next years bookings.

Holiday in the UK not on your nellie.

Had a week in Ibiza in June, ill go there again.

Holiday in the Med. eating crap food and paddling in sewage...no thanks.

If I want to mix with a load of drunken English yobs I'll go clubbing.And if I fancy mixing with a load of foreigners I'll go to London for the weekend.

well I'm counting the days till I go on my holiday...

First time in 18 years its just me and the hubby... and we're off to New York :)

We've packed the kids of to their grans who lives by the coast, so they will be having a holiday too

We went to Lanzarote earlier in the year.

Despite the Crap Euro it was a cheap holiday.

We got an All Inclusive deal.

Food was good and varied.

The Beer(and spirits) was not to Dens standard but it was free.

Negril, Jamaica mon!

However, it has been pleasant here the past few weeks. Dry and warm - not too hot. Only problem with this part of Michigan is the total lack of scenery! Went to Mid-Ohio (classic motorcycle races) at the weekend - lovely, gently rolling hills and Amish farms - very pleasant!

BUT - for a getaway-from-it-all, no worries vacation - Negril can't be beat!

It ain't changed much in the last 10 years Nick. The KFC is new though!!

Remind me not to go there - wherever it is.....it looks awful.... :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
On 7/29/2009 at 6:46 PM, radfordred said:

I think the divorce rate will be going up this year from the tight arses who have decided to holiday in the UK this year due to the Euro.

Bet the Spanish hotels are rubbing there hands together with glee waiting for next years bookings.

Holiday in the UK not on your nellie.

Had a week in Ibiza in June, ill go there again.

This from eleven years since.from radford red....now its looking like being a long time before we can head off abroad again...for me its been nearly 3 years because of my OP and miss the Spanish sun.........now with this Covid getting worse who knows how long........we spoke the other day perhaps holiday in England.Wales or Scotland...even that dont look possible at least for some time......Llandudno was our favoured British holiday destination this time (at a push)).....where you want to go ?

Ben, well for us, Nottingham would be nice. It would give us the opportunity to see old haunts and meet relatives and friends. 

• Like 1

Due to this virus

all i would like is to be  in a pub with friends, with a little entertainment, even playing unlucky 13.

IN FACT JUST BE OUT IN NOTTINGHAM 

Was hoping to go to Sicily in January , but at the moment a visit to the bar for breakfast sounds like fun. :rulez: Which is impossible until 27th and then I think I'll stay in......again.