Hopefully August 26th, any interest?? or just me and Rog going to get all that lovely grub!!!

As stated in an earlier post, Thorpe camp is open on Wednesdays (not been visited by the Nottstalgians yet) and the Lanc Just Jane does taxi runs on Wednesdays plus the usual Typhoon, Tornado's, Harriers and whatever else drops in at Coningsby, Waddington, Cranwell, no doubt coffee's at the Petwood and ham and eggs in the Blue Bell, there is also a new book shop opened up in Woodhall Spa that is full of aviation titles, they also serve coffee

Rog

Director Peter Jackson is hoping to give his upcoming Dam Busters remake a more "realistic" feel by making the movie in 3D.

The Lord of the Rings moviemaker is working on a new version of the classic 1954 World War II epic, shooting the £24 million project in his native New Zealand.

And he has revealed his is currently filming experimental three-dimensional footage and if the trial is successful, the whole movie will be given the special effects treatment.

He says, "I think a World War Two bombing raid in 3D would be neat."

Bet he's doing this to stop me nicking it

Wunt help me if you do....I only have one eye that works......Years ago I went to see 'The creature fron the Black Lagoon' in 3D....Everyone in the cinema going 'WOO...Ahh' and ducking when things came out of the screen....to me it was 'Green and Blurred'

I remember a good few years ago when running a big job down in Gravesend and one of the lads brought his latest mucky mag in to the site cabin/office to show me, as this particular month it included some of those red and green glasses in a paper frame.

Well, here am I, sat behind my desk with these glasses on trying to make out the 3D photo's in the mag when in walks the Manager and Director from Head Office. As I looked up, one of them looked green and the Director looked red.

It was a little difficult trying to explain it I can tell you!!!!

Laugh about it now though whenever I meet up with the lad who liked mucky mags.(Fiesta, I think it was called)

OK we've all had a laugh now let's get back to the topic of Aviation Day!!!

Thats new

A Moderator Moderating a Moderator wink.gif

Now get this , a moderator moderating an Admin,

Please keep this to topic ,thankyou.

Hand bags at 10 paces, anyway, it was Fynger that started it, bad lad, he's a hit and run merchant.

I'll try to get up there, depending on circumstances, I read an article about Thorpe Camp and it sounds quite a fascinating place, but there is so much to see in that area, I wish I lived closer, Plantfits the lucky one!

There's a shuttle launch due on 25th August and we are due (Hopefully ) some passes of the ISS by then, so you never know your luck , what may be seen if we stay out late enough !!!

And Frank stop sulking and come and play for the day !!

Only Jesting my friend.

If the meet is on a weekend then I could attend. If it's a weekday then work has to take priority. My next booked holiday is mid September fer a trip to Spain....Hola!!

SO trying to get on the subject of aviation, and didnt want to start a new thread... where was the Vulcan flying this weekend?

I was driving back from Skeggy (between Cranwell and Newark) on Sunday afternoon and saw something large and low, with big black smoke coming from the delta wings, I only saw it the once, and was hoping it would come back, but no :(

Did I spot the Vulcan?

It sounds like it Jonesy

She was at Blackpool Sunday and I think at RAF Lyneam too (But don't quote me on that)

Excuse my ignorance, but where exactly is the Vulcan based now, or does it flit around between Brunty and Brise.

I note that your next Vulcan appearances in your area Beefsteak, are Woodford 26th Sept and Southport 26th and 27th.

I've just found out that Marshalls at Cambridge are having a private airshow to celebrate 100 years of the company at Cambridge Airport on Sept 20th, the Vulcan will be flying and no doubt other things as well. Although it isn't open to the public, the airfield is very accesible around the perimeter with plenty of good viewing places, especially at the end of the runway, if the Vulcan lands, it could be an interesting spot to be. Hopefully there will be more information, timings etc published nearer the event, or perhaps some of your aviation pals know something, I'll certainly nip up the road to see that.

She's not a Brunty anymore, and I can't for the life of me, be sure where she is , I think you're right though it is Brize.

We shall certainly be at Southport for at least one day, but our next encounter will be at Dawlish next Thursday, (Don't tell any one 'cause it's a secret !!!...LOL

Good luck at Dawlish, I still reccommend that you park and ride from a railway station nearby, Dawlish station is right on the seafront so you don't have far to go and I think that all the ground exhibitions are in the town gardens across the road. We were going to go a couple of years ago and I remember that the return fare from Exeter for a family of 4 was quite reasonable, trouble is, I got out-voted and that was that.

TVOC have just this morning revealed your secret, it'll be even worse trying to drive in when the hordes know the Vulcan will be there.

Incidentally, 46233 is on a steam special near your way tomorrow, from Crewe to Scarborough, via Wilmslow and Stockport, passing near you quite early, about 7:15 and returning late about 9:45pm, just thought I'd let you know in case the kids got you up early.

We are going up to Holcombe to watch the display, from the high ground, near a pub called "The Smugglers" apparently there are good views from up there. Don't know if we'll be able to get a spot , it might be a good idea to do a recce on the way down on Sunday.

Sounds a good idea to go there, you get a good view off the cliffs. It brought back many memories, I had 3 consecutive childhood holidays at Teignmouth, 62-64 ( thats why I have so many GW train pics taken on the sea wall! ).

One of fathers evening walks was along the sea wall to Smugglers Lane at Holcombe, up the cliff path, then along the road to the Smugglers for a pint, if it was when my uncle was with us, probably more than that. I remember that the beer was Devenish, and we would catch the Devon General bus back to Teignmouth, happy days.

I bet you a pint of decent beer that they sell GK IPA nowadays.

Have a good holiday and relax, it'll do you good.

Just over a week to go before the next Nottstalgia invasion of Lincolnshire, or as we like to call it Aviation day it is on the 26th August and it looks like we will start from the Petwood hotel again (around 08.30-09.00) with some Dambuster memories and coffee, look forward to seeing you all

Rog