Yet another pub quiz

This image had me baffled because I never knew there was a pub there?
Even when I knew the name?

The name has been removed as have identifying features?

Where is it. Wat is (Was?) the pub

Cheers
Mick T. :)

pub2-1.jpg

Ok heres mine.......Yep swiped it off Pic the Past so no cheatin and going to look for it.....Pic taken 1930

pub1.jpg

No...its doesn't exist anymore....not the building nor the name.

Is it the 'Gate Hangs Well' next to The 'Trip to Jerusalem ' ?

CastleRoadNottingham.jpg

You are quite right of course Fynger.

I never knew this place existed?

Mick, I'm really surprised that you didn't know about 'The Gates' existance, there is a bit of stonework at the base of the Castle Wall and the last time I saw it, there was a plaque on the site.

Fynger

Too predictable, The Highland Laddie Public House Kimberley, I remember it well, they did a nice malt.

How am I supposed to follow that.

I've just got upset, I note that 'The Bell' is now a Greene King pub, how disgusting is that, those criminal so called brewers have no place in the centre of Nottingham, please don't drink in there and put these manipulative scum out of business.

• 11 months later...

No other offers so I'll pop the answer here. It's the Three Crowns Public House which was on Mansfield Road roughly opposite The Guide House (Gadsby's farm house as it became known as) The building on the right was a small corner shop. The picture was taken in 1935.

The Three Crowns was notable as the place where Charles Rotherham, Papplewick girl, Bessie Sheppard's murderer, stayed overnight afterwards and tried to sell her shoes and umbrella.

Here's another one. Demolished in relatively more recent times.

NCCC002368.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

No takers for this old Arnold hostelry. The image is of the Seven Stars on Calverton Road, taken in 1968. The pub was demolished and the license transferred to The Longbow, further up Calverton Road, not long afterwards.

no idea but at first glance thought of Lincoln Street Old Basford (I know it's not)

That would have been my guess too Ashley, it sure looks like Lincoln St, just near Billy Bacons!

• 5 years later...