• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 is the new 40, you know

!rotfl! Doe's that mean that when I'm 60 Will I get the 'extra inch' I was promised (& didn't get!!) at 40??

The Coach and Horses on Upper Parliament Street was kicking out all the classics last night (not trying to impress you with some obscure track) not sure who the DJ is ? - and its FREE.

That is Nev Shooter, he also dj's at The Westgate Suites, in fact he stood in for me last month whilst I was in The Boogie Room filling in for Phil Kingswood.

Wow you old git Jan, 60 hey lol. Going to a few 60ths at that venue in the next few months, must be the "in" age, starting 2 weeks on Saturday. Might have to pop into yours if in the country at that time seeing as ex Bung, ex townie, ex brit and ex pal of yours!!

AH SO UR GOING TO THE 60TH AT THE POLISH CLUB ON THE 19TH THEN,,,WELL REST ASSURED THE MOOOZIC WILL BE OF A SIMILAR VAIN AS I KNOW WHO IS DJ'ING THAT NITE,,,,UP AND COMIN YOUNG LAD...MEEEEEEEEEEEEE:):):)...CYA THERE

• 10 years later...

Barry, I doubt you’ll drum up any interest for the event on this site, there are a handful of Dungeonites on Nottstalgia but we’re all also on the Dungeon Facebook group.  It will be a good night I’m sure. 

Do any of you Dungeon Clubbers remember a young mod from around 1965 called John Young?

IIRC he had short blond hair and lived on University Boulevard at the Dunkirk end.

He was around 17 in 1965 and had an older sister called Angela who was about 19. I met John through Angela who was my dad's secretary at Simms Sons & Cooke on Spring Close. S S & Cooke was flattened to make way for the QMC in lthe late 60s. I remember John's mum looked just like Thora Hird.

John also had a friend a few doors down called Graham Ruffles who was a good guitarist and played in a group called X-IT. He looked like Sonny Bono. Graham helped my bandmate Charles aka Tony Dickens and I learn guitar and we've never forgotten him. Graham had a younger sister called Diane and she hung out with Tony and I for a while in the mid 60s.

John's sister Angela was a single mum and had a daughter called Sally Anne. I believe Angela later married a lorry driver from Boots Beeston called Barry.

Hope these names and memories ring a few bells.

I remember him !! He rode a stripped down scooter with the Outlaws (a group of mods that met outside The Outlaws Bar on their way to one or other of the boat clubs) mid sixties.

Known as "Blonde John" to distinguish him from all the other Johns!  He wore a black parka (unusual in those days) and was a good fettler of scooter engines. He came up to my folks house and helped sort out my knackered 150 LD Lambretta . Friends with John Nequest and Vespa owner Graham Manser. 

On 20 January 2020 at 8:17 PM, Barry cooper said:

I do not know if this is of any interest, but.....we are holding a Dungeon/ Beachcomber night at the Brit on Friday 13th March 2020. 7.30 till 12.00. DJ's Sam Moore and Barry Cooper

Thanks Barry xx