We've spoken about it a few times, but I have a plan in my head, basically depends on if enough people are up for it.

Can I get a sort of roll call of people who would come.

My proposed plan (subject to a number of things) would be to try and put on a doo at a venue to be decided, and I would provide my services playing all the old Dungeon favourites.

Obviously nothing is free in this life, but my services would be free, but the room and PA hire needs to be funded.

If for example a £5 fee was applied, who would be interested?

Let me know please by just replying to this, and spreading the word verbally.

Heres hoping we can do it!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would all depend on dates for me (Very busy ,up and down the country at the moment) fiver is not a problem for us!

Keep em coming people!

I know its only in the planning stage, but obviously the numbers will be the deciding factor where we have it, too few, and it will be a non starter, having said that, as many know, I am part of the line up at the soul and Motown night at The Westgate Suites at Long Eaton, last Friday of the month, so worst case scenario, is that we agree on a date to meet up there, although as I have 2 gigs on the night, my slot isnt until 12 midnight till 1.30.

Keep em coming people!

I know its only in the planning stage, but obviously the numbers will be the deciding factor where we have it, too few, and it will be a non starter, having said that, as many know, I am part of the line up at the soul and Motown night at The Westgate Suites at Long Eaton, last Friday of the month, so worst case scenario, is that we agree on a date to meet up there, although as I have 2 gigs on the night, my slot isnt until 12 midnight till 1.30.

I've reserved 4 tickets Craig, although 2 friends still to confirm to me that they can make it. I will let you know for definite as soon as I can. Chrissie

I think group site on FACEBOOK would get you a lot of interest ?

I think you are dead right!

Problem is, I cant see anything on FB that provide/?allows me to set one up.....HELP!

Chrissiec, slight confusion here re the "reserved tickets" Are you talking about the possible reunion at a venue yet to be announced, or at Westgate Suites?

From Facebook - Putting Nottingham in the tile i think will get you 99% more hits.

How do I create a group?

You can create a group by going to the Groups application and clicking "Create a Group" in the upper right corner of the page. On the following page, you will be able to add descriptive information about your group. All groups require a group name, description and group type. Click "Create Group" when you are finished.

After you have added this information, you will then be able to control settings related to your group’s privacy and add a group picture. You can change these settings at any time by clicking "Edit Group" on the group’s main page.

Done it! Cheers Red!

Its headed "Dungeon Club Nottingham Reunion".

Spread the word and KTF!

(Thats nothing to do with fried chicken from Kentucky by the way!)

CHICKEN!!!!....WHO MENTIONED CHICKEN?????...IM THERE CRAIG MI OLE BUDDIE...

AND WHILST WE ARE PLUGGING DONT FORGET THE SOUL AND MOTOWN FUNDRAISER AT THE FEDERATION CLUB AUG 29TH,,,,MR STRONG AND MYSELF MAKING SWEET SWEET MUSIC FOR YA

Done it! Cheers Red!

Its headed "Dungeon Club Nottingham Reunion".

Spread the word and KTF!

(Thats nothing to do with fried chicken from Kentucky by the way!)

I'm up for it Craig. Not on Facebook co's I'm a private person...But if you need a smaller or central location why not the Brit club just a thought??????

I'm up for it Craig. Not on Facebook co's I'm a private person...But if you need a smaller or central location why not the Brit club just a thought??????

what a great idea Jan....most of us dungeon goers also frequented the brit......could meet up beforehand at the old dungeon site !!!

I think you are dead right!

Problem is, I cant see anything on FB that provide/?allows me to set one up.....HELP!

Chrissiec, slight confusion here re the "reserved tickets" Are you talking about the possible reunion at a venue yet to be announced, or at Westgate Suites?

Hi Craig, when I spoke to Linda I thought she said the motown & soul reunion is on 29th at the Federation Club, is this correct? Chrissie

Hi Craig, when I spoke to Linda I thought she said the motown & soul reunion is on 29th at the Federation Club, is this correct? Chrissie

hi chrissiec....terry here may be able to help....linda is organizing a soul motown fundraiser at the fed club on 29th where craig and i are dj-ing....nowwt to do with the dungeon reunion but as i can promise u from past experiance u are right to reserve ur tickets for that one as they do sell out rather fast....craig will no doubt add when he gets on later but hope ive helped...cheers :)

hi chrissiec....terry here may be able to help....linda is organizing a soul motown fundraiser at the fed club on 29th where craig and i are dj-ing....nowwt to do with the dungeon reunion but as i can promise u from past experiance u are right to reserve ur tickets for that one as they do sell out rather fast....craig will no doubt add when he gets on later but hope ive helped...cheers :)

Hi Terry, thanks for that. I am interested in a Dungeon reunion too. I was a regular in Nottingham in the late 60's and have fond memories. Chrissie

Ta for sorting that in my absence T!

Jan, just a thought, cos obviously we want to keep costs to a minimum, what about using your place???????? Tell us if you think if its a non goer!

Im awaiting a reply from the lady whose son is the guy responsible for the fundraising for the BB team, whose doo it is at The Federation club, the last Saturday in August, but Im thinking along the lines of sooner than maybe struggle to get enough people involved for The actual Dungeon reunion, we could do it there where I know that its a viable proposition.

Whats your thoughts...........up for it or not...........? You can be assured that your fave songs that were played at The Bung would be aired once again!

I still need to talk to her though, to make sure she hasnt sold out yet!

Pete, there would be room in the car park for ya Vespa!

Right, Linda is fine with that idea, but, there are currently less than 90 tickets left, and dont forget that on the door sales will affect that figure, so, if ya wanna be there, call her on 07729 496 491. £5 QUICK!!!

Just mention its about the Dungeon reunion.

talkin to linda yestrerday when she delivered my tickets...sold to date approx 165 tickets for a 250 capacity room so if u are gonna make that move craig id do it very soon coz lee is back this week and he will go knocking on doors to sell the last few tickets so get in now buddy.....mind u i think ur ticket is safe....u know the dj dont ya..lol

don't you all think it would be better to have an exclusive dungeon members reunion, even if it means a smaller venue...that way we could all meet up with one another and relive old times !

Totally up to you, my thinking was to get somewhere, I'd play the music, but would have to hire the disco kit, as well as hiring the room, and without any kind of guarantee on the numbers expected, would chance losing a load of dosh, thats why I thought "piggy backing" on this gig was a good idea........... I do totally see your point of view though, again, thats why its a shame the original plan to do it on the then proposed Saturday night later in the year at Long Eaton, got cancelled.

Anyway, without sufficient funding, I dont think we could do it as the original plan, but, back to you for your thoughts.......