Perseids Meteor Shower

Got another chance to see Perseids Meteor Shower again tonight so,I will give it a go, I am going to get my blanket and cocoa and biccies and sit on a comfy

chair out side on the slabs, (They were grey ones but we upgraded to Pink ones so it is now called a patio) put my feet up and stare at the sky once more.The sky looks beautiful and clear as was last night so i will try to stay focused and try not to nod off after staying up all last night. :sleeping:

PS

All i saw last night was a Chinese lantern.

PPS,

Just been told there may not be a lot to see now it has peaked. will take a look any way.

Keep your eyes peeled (at 22.06 starting in the west and heading across the sky finishing in the east at 22.11) for a very bright pass of the ISS (International Space Station)

I have just come in and didn't see a thing, the sky could't be better but nothing doing yet. I will just keep popping to the window and scan the skies, not keen on sitting out onmitod in the dark.

Sorry I got the timing a bit out (I did correct it in the ISS thread)

I did see one a millisecond after I took this !

9503327501_b973dcdacd_o.jpg

Stood out in the garden watching that. We counted 7 shooting stars in the space of around 10 or so minutes, even got a glimpse of the garden hedgehog!

• 2 weeks later...

Keep your eyes peeled (at 22.06 starting in the west and heading across the sky finishing in the east at 22.11) for a very bright pass of the ISS (International Space Station)

i saw that whilst sat out in the dark corner of my garden, a VERY bright, silent light moving roughly west to east. thought it might have been the ISS, but i didn't realise it could get that bright, it was certainly the brightest thing in the sky at the time.