Newspaper in Daybrook ??

Hi all,

I'm hoping to put a small notice in a Daybrook paper, hoping to locate someone that I believe now lives there.

Is there a local, Daybrook paper that I can contact ?

If not - Apart from the EP (who has never replied to over a dozen e-mails and faxes from me) - is there another paper that might cover the area ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before anyone says it, I don't want to reveal the persons name here (yet) so as not to cause embarrassment !

Try 192.com. If they haven't opted out of the edited version of the electoral roll you'll get their address in a jiffy.

If you find they are listed but don't want to pay to find their details there is a way to get round the 192 system that is very straightforward.

Enter the first half of the Daybrook Post Code (NG5) followed by 1

into the search box. If it comes up un listed repeat with 2-9. Eventually you will get their Post Code which tells which street they live on.

You then start to eliminate the house numbers until you have them pinpointed.

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I only have a maiden name.

I've been trying to see free marriage certs,,,, but all the sites looked at want money,,,,, whilst I don't mind spending a few pennies in my quest, who's to say whether they have the info' that I require.

I've also tried F.U as I thought it'd be the only place where the maiden name would be used. To Noah Vale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Incy dentally, does the 192.com thing come up with more details than I would normally see ?

Do I put the post code in the last box on the right at the top of the 192 page ? If so, whilst it does come up with some stuff, it still blanks out most of it.

all the best for now.

Bazzer, I've just had a look at 192.com. They have changed the interface recently so you can no longer "crack" the Post Code to trace an individual.

If you have the maiden name your best bet would be to search in the previous location and hope that she was living with her husband before she got married. They would both be listed on the electoral roll you could then use this information to trace her in Daybrook.

cheers guys,

I'm a bit far away to delve into local stuff at the moment,,,,,

I rekkon i'll have to resort to a newspaper notice,,,, if I can find a local (Daybrook) paper.

thanks for the help & advice.

Baz

• 7 months later...

I rekkon i'll have to resort to a newspaper notice,,,, if I can find a local (Daybrook) paper.

Just giving this one a bit of a bump...

Bazzer, there is no Daybrook newspaper as far as I am aware, (I live fairly close to there). I'm not sure if there is any kind of a newspaper in the area apart from the usual freesheets which tend to be regionalised. If I were searching, I'd keep Arnold in mind as Daybrook comes within that. I've an idea if there might be something that is circulated by the local Gedling Borough Council and I think they would be worth a look up.

• 1 month later...

Just giving this one a bit of a bump...

Bazzer, there is no Daybrook newspaper as far as I am aware, (I live fairly close to there). I'm not sure if there is any kind of a newspaper in the area apart from the usual freesheets which tend to be regionalised. If I were searching, I'd keep Arnold in mind as Daybrook comes within that. I've an idea if there might be something that is circulated by the local Gedling Borough Council and I think they would be worth a look up.

try the gedling forum or the robinhood news were going when i left arnold in 2009 for south africa